Blow off valve

wiseman,

This is from post #33
"Found this chart at Tial for correct spring pressure on the BOV http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/w3_tial_bovq_sp.pdf
I pulled the trigger on a silver one with the 10lb spring, aluminum flange to match material of RJC Front Mount tube.
Going to install this with the new 6262 billet set up, should increase life span of the turbo. Glad I found this thread, and for the record, I'm over 50..... ha ha."

Chuck

wiseman,

This is from post #33
"Found this chart at Tial for correct spring pressure on the BOV http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/w3_tial_bovq_sp.pdf
I pulled the trigger on a silver one with the 10lb spring, aluminum flange to match material of RJC Front Mount tube.
Going to install this with the new 6262 billet set up, should increase life span of the turbo. Glad I found this thread, and for the record, I'm over 50..... ha ha."

Chuck
Sorry, I misread the previous post (#33). So, you chose a 10lb spring, which means that our cars have a vaccum reading of -16 and -19 in/Hg at idle, correct? The reason why I am asking is b/c I don't have a vaccum gauge to measure this reading on my car so I was asking to see what you have ordered and installed. Sounds like your setup is running and responding correctly with the 10lb spring, correct?

Does anyone know of /or can point me to any literature about vaccum idle reading for an 86 GN. I am trying to spec out a 50mm Tial BOV (Q-Series) spring per the tial spring pressure chart that 84BuickGNYorkPA has supplied me with. Any help is appreciated, thanks

My old tired motor had a vacuum reading of 12-14, my fresh motor idles @ 19, you should be good with the 10lb spring.

Chuck

I am running a HKS SuperSQV (no springs needed) with 30# of boost I plumbed mine between the turbo & intercooler (tried it between the intercooler & throttle body & it didn't work ,I was still getting surge from compressor at low boost). ran vacuum line back to a T that I installed. also running a front mount so room for BOV on plumbing going to intercooler.
View attachment 151264

Thanks for the response and the pic. I believe I will go with tial, it seems like it comes in a bit smaller package than the Hks.

My old tired motor had a vacuum reading of 12-14, my fresh motor idles @ 19, you should be good with the 10lb spring.

Chuck

Thanks again, I will get the 10lb spring. I have a freshly built engine also, so my vacuum shold be about the same.

Watch out for that Black limited edition HKS SSQV, I had one on the typhoon, wound up being a knock off and lasted about a week. I switched to a greddy rz and couldnt be happier. I love the way a HKS sounds, nothing like it. But with all the knock offs, it just ruins it. The greddy works nice, but its set up for low boost apps under 25lbs.