Blow off valve

TURBOLICKER

How is everyone plumbing their blow-off valves on vehicles using a MAF and stock style ECM? If you vent to atmosphere I assume the huge leak between the MAF and throttle body would be an issue! With a speed density system the computer really doesn't care!

OMG RUN RUN BUICK COMMUNITY ANOTHER BOV THREAD LOL

I dont have Speed density and vent to the atmosphere and have no "issues".

My turbo spools so fast that when I would simply hit resume on the cruise while on teh interstate, etc the boost would come up so fast the ecm would close the throttle and the car would buck through the compressor surge.

BOV stopped all of that.

I have no fouled plugs, black smoke after BOV acuates, tip in, etc etc venting to the atmosphere.

I run a Gen2 with a LS1 MAF

If you have an aftermarket chip you can contact them and ask them, you'd be surprised at the answer. Short answer, don't worry.

I vented my Blitz and in my case, it was a waste of $$ and a headache chasing and fixing leaks.

My turbo spools so fast that when I would simply hit resume on the cruise while on teh interstate, etc the boost would come up so fast the ecm would close the throttle and the car would buck through the compressor surge.

BOV stopped all of that.

I have no fouled plugs, black smoke after BOV acuates, tip in, etc etc venting to the atmosphere.

Same setup and 0 issues also.
Works awesome.Its mounted about 6-8 inches from the throttle plate and vented to atmoshere.

My turbo spools so fast that when I would simply hit resume on the cruise while on teh interstate, etc the boost would come up so fast the ecm would close the throttle and the car would buck through the compressor surge.BOV stopped all of that.

I have that same problem. I just bought a BOV hopefully it fixes that issue for me as well.

Just installed a 50mm bov vented to atmosphere, car now runs better than ever. It no longer has the horribly violent surge/bucking when I back out of the throttle at around 5-15 lbs cruising. The sound from the bov gives me chills I absolutely love it, one of my favorite mods I've done to the car thus far.

You don't really even need a BOV but if your concerned enough to get one you can just vent it back into the maf pipe after the maf sensor.

What brand and size BOV's you guys running? I was looking at the HKS and TIAL. Any suggestions with my combo? Adding a 2800 stall to go along with my combo as well. Thanks.

no problems with mine routed back in.

Attachments

• bov rs.JPG
    bov rs.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,106
I've been running a Tial 50mm and venting to atmosphere with no issues. This is with a TT chip. I certainly don't miss the shuddering sound when letting off the gas.

I've been running a Tial 50mm and venting to atmosphere with no issues. This is with a TT chip. I certainly don't miss the shuddering sound when letting off the gas.

Yes if you have a bigger then stock size turbo NOT having a BOV like a Tial Q 50mm, your turbo with shudder louder then with a BOV does. So just laugh at the haters, and then look at any forced induction race car, all have BOV's. It's really simple. Not to mention what that "shuddering" actually is, that alone was enough for my BOV purchase. Just from my experience with a 54, 64, 66, 70 turbo all with and without tial 50mm, each time the BOV was quieter after a high boost WOT run the NOT having a BOV. And again this choice shouldn't center on noise, the choice should be easy once you read about what your inducer and exducer impeller are experiencing without a BOV and the shudder sound.

i will be putting a bov on mine i killed the bearings in my 6776 bb turbo in a year because of the pressure. it is worth the lil extra cash to make your turbo last longer or i guess i can turn the boost down on the street

so do you just tap into the vac line of turbo?

NOO!!
Leave that line to do its job. That being telling the wastegate to bypass exaust energy from the turbine at the acheived boost psi.

Screwing around with that line is a good way to overboost the engine.:mad:

I tapped into the Evap canister line pre check valve.

Best price for Tial

Anyone have an idea for best place/price of a Tial 50mm Q?

Im getting one asap for my combo.

HKS SSQV here... vented to atmosphere. I am SD and yes, it doesn't care. There is an attachment/insert for the HKS SSQV that allows you to hook up a recirculating hose.

I installed mine because of how often I snap the throttle shut during a single auto-x run.

But, if you are over 40 years old it is just witchcraft. :p

Attachments

• pixors 007.jpg
    pixors 007.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 814