Blow off valve (good or bad)??????

LITLV6

WESTSIDE LOWRIDERS
Ok, changin a few things this coming week. as my signature says, 86 GN with 2800 redstripe conv. cottons 200r4, auburn posi w/3.42's. flowmaster duals with no cat. I am upgrading to walbro with hotwire, 60lb. mototrons flow matched with the turbotweak chip. I'm also adding a hotchkis TVS system. part 80009 and new bilstein shocks.:biggrin: car also has scanmaster. So, i am curious is to what everyone's opinion is to whether a guy should have a blow off valve........ Suggestions please :cool:

It's been asked many many times....

But the general consensus says it's not really needed on a TB....unless you want to sound like a cool ricer...

But I suppose it couldn't hurt to have one....

PPSSSHHHH....

a5b.jpg

:biggrin:A.j.

if you like playing with your car on the street and want your turbo to last get one and route it back....
that fluttering is not good for the turbo. on the other hand people have had no problems without one. more turbo insurance than anything.
Also use the search for more reading.

if you like playing with your car on the street and want your turbo to last get one and route it back....
that fluttering is not good for the turbo. on the other hand people have had no problems without one. more turbo insurance than anything.
Also use the search for more reading.

thanks for the input..... since i've never been the "ricer guy" and have never been around a blow off valve, are there any better than another if someone should get one??? I heard it was bad when you here the flutter as that is the sound of the turbo stopping??? is it faster for respool since the turbo isnt stopping abruptly like that?:rolleyes: just curious.....

I just put a TiAL 50mm BOV on mine. Being a Journeyman Machinist, I was simply blown away when I opened the box. The machine work is second to none on it. Their customer service was the same. I bought it second hand, but never used. They swapped out the steel flange for a aluminum for free. If you are looking for one, I would recommend them.