Compressor bypass (blow-off) valve and alcohol injection

BDC

BDC Motorsports
Hey guys, somethin' that's been on my mind for a while is the plumbing issue with an alcohol-laded charge air that's being blown out via a blow off valve. I'm currently using a Turbo XS valve that vents in 6 or so different directions out into the engine bay but it's bothered me because I'm concerned about the possible dangers of the alcohol vapor catching fire (if that's possible, that is). I'm considering changing it out to one w/ a single outlet that can be vented via tube either outside the engine bay or back into the inlet duct of a turbocharger.

Do any of you other alcohol guys have any opinion on this or am I over-thinking things as usual?

B

I have a BOV but is a good foot before the alky nozzle.

I cant see how the post alky noozle mix would vent if you have the BOV before it. The alky will stop spraying but the turbo will still be pumping air into the motor when you lift outta boost and thats whats being vented.

How do you have the two oriented?

If I can smell it coming back out from the compressor without a bov, then I would surmise that it can and will come out of the bov.

I have a BOV but is a good foot before the alky nozzle.

I cant see how the post alky noozle mix would vent if you have the BOV before it. The alky will stop spraying but the turbo will still be pumping air into the motor when you lift outta boost and thats whats being vented.

How do you have the two oriented?

The valve is about 4-6" post turbo discharge and is several inches upstream of the first nozzle. I could swear I smell it on throttle lift.

Good. That means I'm not nuts, then. Do either of ya'll think it's worth changing the valve and either venting it all outside or recirculating it back into the inlet duct?

B

There's a he'll of a lot more air than fuel under the hood. I wouldn't think the ratio would be favorable for combustion. Iw would be a quick flash anyway.