Anyone running a blow off valve, step on in...

I have mine mounted on the intercooler just after the turbo. In a few months I'll be starting a frame off build and after reading all of this thread I'm planning to set it up like Fast4Ward since I'll be going with a FMIC and bigger turbo. Boat towing days are coming to an end.

Damn, the GN hooked to the boat is a cool picture. Hate to see that go away

Yea. BOV needs to be adjusted some. Not letting out all the boost.

Sent while sitting on the side of the road after blowing a pipe off after letting off the gas at partial throttle.
b8431ad4136dbf16390dace7fa861654.jpg

Without getting into the debate as well, BOV were designed for standard shift cars. It helps keep the turbo spinning while shifting gears. So when you release the throttle and it closes, pressure is released so that the pressure does not try to go back through the turbo, slowing it down. My Gensis has one and it was originally designed to recirculate the pressure back into the intake pipe. I have replaced it with one that vents out into the atmosphere. The only reason I can figure it was originally a recirculated system was to make it so there was no noise. Now do we need one for our TB's? Who cares! I will be putting one on my because I just dropped $2000+ on a turbo and I will do what I can to extend the life of my turbo.

No, they are used by ALL manufactures since the 80s on ALL turbo cars even on Auto cars. (except for the Buicks)

It is not to keep boost up during shifts by OEM.

Go pop the hood on any turbo car with auto tranny.

They all have BOVs.

German, Japanese, US....same/same.