Bitchslapped a '01 GT (big deal, but hey a kill's a kill)

What's up Reggie!:) Haven't heard from you in a while and last time we spoke you were considering doing a built 331 motor with a 76 turbo for the 89 LX, but it seems you've changed your mind and bought an '03 Cobra. It seems like you're better off with the Cobra cause you wanted to run with the turbo supra guys on the highway and the Cobra should do pretty well since it's a blown V8 with a 6spd and you have a warranty. As far as the new '03 Cobra against turbo buicks all I can say is time will tell cause there have been plenty of guys with TTAs and TRs running in the 10's with bolt on mods and a stock motor. I think the Cobra should be able to do the same since it is a factory blown 4.6 V8 that seems to run pretty strong right out of the box (mid 12's), but like I said time will tell;) :cool:

Later, Steve

Mustangs beating Camaros over the last 10 years?
I think not dude. Sure they outsell Camaros because every "G" teen wannabe has one. But then again "rice" cars probably outsell the both of them put together.. tells you how much sales mean. :D

But when it comes down to performance, Z28's and SS dominated I'd say.

Howdy Brick,

Yeah, I'm kinda in a jamb with the whole deal. I have already bought a lot of the stuff for my 89, so I have been trying to offload it quickly. I got lucky and one of Cobras became available (they were all sold out 2 months ago).

You still thinking about a "Sup Dawg"? I almost bought one, but I'm just too much of a Ford guy.

Originally posted by 86brick
What's up Reggie!:) Haven't heard from you in a while and last time we spoke you were considering doing a built 331 motor with a 76 turbo for the 89 LX, but it seems you've changed your mind and bought an '03 Cobra. It seems like you're better off with the Cobra cause you wanted to run with the turbo supra guys on the highway and the Cobra should do pretty well since it's a blown V8 with a 6spd and you have a warranty. As far as the new '03 Cobra against turbo buicks all I can say is time will tell cause there have been plenty of guys with TTAs and TRs running in the 10's with bolt on mods and a stock motor. I think the Cobra should be able to do the same since it is a factory blown 4.6 V8 that seems to run pretty strong right out of the box (mid 12's), but like I said time will tell;) :cool:

Later, Steve

Originally posted by timothydog
Mustangs beating Camaros over the last 10 years?
I think not dude. Sure they outsell Camaros because every "G" teen wannabe has one. But then again "rice" cars probably outsell the both of them put together.. tells you how much sales mean. :D

But when it comes down to performance, Z28's and SS dominated I'd say.

LOL...well, I guess you got me there about the sales. However, I still feel that the 5.0 racing scene has been the staple of American performance, right along side the whole old Chevy scene. Then again opinions are like *******s...well at least yours are:D jk

Hey Reg. when are you gonna get us some times on the snake? I've seen all the magazine crap, but I want some hard numbers. The 03 Cobra is an awsome car, regardless of the pathetic excuses and biased trash talk I've been reading on the net for the past few months.

Originally posted by HossV6
Hey Reg. when are you gonna get us some times on the snake? I've seen all the magazine crap, but I want some hard numbers. The 03 Cobra is an awsome car, regardless of the pathetic excuses and biased trash talk I've been reading on the net for the past few months.

As soon as I hit 1000 miles. I'm still in the 200's. I'll report it asap. Prolly next Friday.

Reggie, I was considering a Supra, but when I saw how much it costs to build one with a single turbo and all the other goodies it made me change my mind real quick and from what I've been told by a guy down here that has one they aren't that great for 1/4 mile drag racing unless you spend more money for the suspension mods so that ended the "Sup Dawg" idea. Much like you are a Ford guy I'm pretty much a Buick guy and GM fan and I think the only other car I'd consider would be a 3rd or 4th gen f-body with a blown or turboed V8 (LT1 or a built Bowtie motor). I'll most likely get the TA Performance aluminum block V6 for my Buick when it's time for a rebuild (the block should be out by then and should be tested by other guys) and build it to run deep in the 10's or faster. I wish you good luck with the snake and hope you have a lot of fun with it and the supra guys:) :D ;)

I don't have any favorites, as you can see from my sig. I'd like an '03 Cobra or Mach 1 but in reality I would just sit on it for 30 years then sell it. I love the Trans Am look, though, and would buy and drive one of those.

However, people bashing the 4.6s need to remember that GTs have 70 less cubic inches to deal with when compared to Camaros/Firebirds. For a N/A 281 cid engine to run almost as fast as N/A 346 cid engine is nothing short of amazing. It's almost hard to compare the two. I'd like to see Ford drop the 5.4 in a Mustang as a second engine option for the GT.

Reg,
Post some pics of your new Cobra. I'd love to see it.
Even though I'm not a fan of the newer Mushtangs, I think the cobra is pretty rockin'.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
Thats great buickman69! What, you have about 60 hp and 500 lbs on the GT's

I actually thought I had more weight than that. My car is quick of the line (for what it is) but it's better from a roll then dead out. There is a guy in Nash with a mid 13 sec Dodge. From dead-out he kills me, from a roll it's closer but he still wins, he has a lighter car. He pulls 3.25 and I pull 3.33 .

Once I get all that weight moving it's a different story.:)

Originally posted by Reggie

Actually, I said I would take the bet with my 89 LX. It's 13 years old, and I have somewhere around 3 grand in it. And with the 200 shot, I'd say it could reach lightspeed. :D With another 20k, it could be a Pro 5.0 car.

Now as for comparing my Cobra, I have no problem comparing my factory supercharged V8 car to a factory turbocharged V6. They are both power adder cars, made to be fast. With inflation the way it is, if Buick would reintroduce the GN, I guarantee, it would be near the same price as the Cobra (that is if Buick intended it for serious performance). For 34 K I got a factory 12 second car that handles like a vette, has the acceleration close to a z06, and has the potential for BPU Supra power with just bolt on's. Not to mention the 400 watt stereo, warranty, 6 speed transmission, bulletproof bottom end, and chicks asking about my car at every stoplight.

As far as the Camaro, the Mustang has been beating the Camaro overall for the last 10 years. That is why there is no Camaro next year. Sure the LS1 is an awesome power plant, and I have no idea why they aren't selling that good, cause I actually love the SS's. So Ford just jumped over the Camaro, and is now contending with the vette. Not bad, in my book.

bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! GM sold tons of camaros, both 6 and 8 cylinders, not as many as ford, but then again, that doesnt even matter, they made grips of profit off the f-bodys, just not enough according to the dumbphucks in Accounting. last i checked, the 92-02 mustangs were waaaaaaaay slower than the f-bods, and handled even worse, not that stangs arent nice cars, but facts are facts, you cant argue that, its redundant. as for the new 03' cobra, big whoop, it still took 10 years, a blower and a $7000 MINIMUM price increase to beat the lower tech ohv pushrod ls1 :D plus, fords had so many recalls id be less than eager to say i own one or am a fan. the only good ford is an old ford, like a 65 GT Fastback or a 70 Mach 1.

Apparently you did not read what I said.

Camaros had pushrods and a single camshaft. They also have 70 more cubic inches.

Originally posted by Reggie

..Not to mention the 400 watt stereo, warranty, 6 speed transmission, bulletproof bottom end, and chicks asking about my car at every stoplight.

haha probably cause they dont know the difference between a GT and a V6 and they want to go buy one ;)

c'mon.. mustangs are girl cars:D

what he means is.

everytime he.. (this applies for me too) goes anywhere in the buick, which, for me is everyday since mine is my only car, people yell "whoa! nice car!" "bad ass car man" "whoa that is the ****", envious stares, etc :)

Your Cobra will get those comments for about a year or until people see them for awhile then it will be just another car....more or less.
Just like my 98 WS6 formula and 2002 WS6 T/A. Just another car to most people...even most car people.
I'am sure you didn't buy your Cobra for what other people think but it sucks when 98% of people can't the diff between a 40k Cobra and a 18k mustang. Or a 33k T/A and a 22k firebird.
I got tired of paying $600+ a month for just another car.

:) I'am not trying to bad mouth the new cobra, since it's by far the fastest new car for under 40k.