Bitchslapped a '01 GT (big deal, but hey a kill's a kill)

Berman

On the way home from work, a '01 GT was messing with me on the highway. Every time we'd both hit it I'd shoot ahead of him like he was standing still :eek: Then I let him hit it first a couple times. Didn't help. :D Why do GT owners think their cars are fast? I've raced supercharged GT's in the TA and I still win.

New GT's are nothing.
I was staged up against a 00'-01' GT on a test and tune night a couple weeks ago. I had him by exactly 2 seconds and I was on Radial T/A's.

A kill's a kill though.. you are right. ;)

Originally posted by blackshoebox
Nice kill.

Scoreboard tally for GN vs Mustakes is:

GN's-2,000,000
Mustakes-2

;)

Thanks for screwin up the curve Herb LOL. Hotairs dont count Shoebox!:D

Originally posted by timothydog
New GT's are nothing.

I ran a GT from a 20 roll in my '01 STS and beat him. The look on his face was priceless. All he could say was: "I can't believe that I just got beat by a Caddy".:D :cool:

I know someone with a '01 GT and all I can say is boring. No offense because I think they look decent but they just cant compete with the darkside!

yeah i can see lots of accidents because of stupid teenagers with cobras who had their mommy and daddy buy them a car that they cannot handle

Can't really get after you guys that much. The 2003 Cobra will run 12.67 however.

I'm sick of seeing kids at my college with Cobras that their parents bought them. They think they're fast and can race anything. Once I raced a vert cobra with four guys in it. He would probably run somewhere in the sixteens set up like that ;)

Hmm...judging by your signature, i guess your car is nothing also, since my gf's '01 GT 'vert traps at 101. In fact, practically all bolt on GT's can best your times. I would know, I have had about 10 of them. Plus, I find it hard to believe that a 99+ GT ran a 15. They run 14's practically by themselves, high 13's if you have a slight clue on how to drive.

New GT's are nothing.
I was staged up against a 00'-01' GT on a test and tune night a couple weeks ago. I had him by exactly 2 seconds and I was on Radial T/A's.

12.67s is ok I guess considering you can get a 02 z put a charger on it and be running 11's and come out underneath the price of the cobra. Or forget the charger and put some slicks with some bolt ons and eat cobras all day long naturally aspirated. THe new cobra is a nice car but will never be a great car. I think it was this months car and driver that put the two againts each other (03 cobra and 02 Z. The cobra had the z about .6 in the 1/4 and BARELY squeaked it out in he road course. Mind you this is a independent rear vs. a solid axle. C&D gave the Z more props but did acknowledged that the cobra did come out on top. Although i give FORD much props on coming out with performance cars they just need to do more. Look at GM being fags with the stuff they put out but you got to admit the ls1 is one bad ass engine, and when they did go for performance ex. z06 it basically disiminated anything ford has to offer.......even the 03 cobra.........naturally aspirated and the cool thing is you can pick them up used with little miles for about 40k.

I was at a Hot Rod event at Moroso last year, and there was a mid-late 90s GT there with the 4.6 running brackets. He was dialed in at 15.32, and ran 15.32 almost every run. He had slicks on it, but I would guess that was just for consistancy.

Reggie,
If you call running practically all stock "nothing" you are right. The GT I staged against was totally stock and ran 15.4 @ 96. I ran 13.4 @ 100. I pulled away from him like he was standing still. GT's are weak nowadays and you know it.

As far as trap speeds, I spun my tires for 50 feet on my last run and still ran a 103.5. I should break 12's next time out and I have hardly done anything. How much more do you think it will take you to get there?

Give me $1000 in mods and you $1000 in mods and we'll see who's faster.

Originally posted by Reggie
Hmm...judging by your signature, i guess your car is nothing also, since my gf's '01 GT 'vert traps at 101.

Reggie,
If you call running practically all stock "nothing" you are right.

Define practically all stock, please.

How much money did you have to spend in bolt-on's to gain your extra 5-6 mph? Running street tires too? I spun my tires for 50 feet and still ran a 103.5. I should break 12's next time out and I have hardly done anything. How much more do you think it will take you to get there?

Her car has less than $200 in mods. The reason you trapped 103.5 is because of your street tires. You will more than likely lose mph when you are on slicks. BTW, I am already there (12's, on street tires) in my other 2 cars :D

Give me $1000 in mods and you $1000 in mods and we'll see who's faster.

I'm down with that! With my Cobra, that is. Or you can take that 1K and mod up your car and I'll race you with my 89 that has 200K miles on it. The friggin oil pump isn't even working right.

/me puts on armor and waits for the Shoebox and Brick attacks :D/

I'm running stock turbo, stock intercooler, stock injector replacements (didn't even have my valve springs changed at the time). I've got a 300 dollar Hooker exhaust system, a cone filter, fuel pump and a chip. That's it. I don't even have an airbag in the back. :D

What are your mods?

Its funny because for you to take the $1000.00 mod bet you have to start with a brand new supercharged v8 and he is starting with a 15 year old turbo v6. This is hilarious. How about we bring purchase price in the mix. That means he gets to spend what....about another 20k.....can you say lightspeed. Either way it takes a supercharged v8 for 12s and people do that on this site like drinking water. Damn it took you guys like 10 years and a supercharger to beat the camaro again.

Originally posted by dboosted1
Its funny because for you to take the $1000.00 mod bet you have to start with a brand new supercharged v8 and he is starting with a 15 year old turbo v6. This is hilarious. How about we bring purchase price in the mix. That means he gets to spend what....about another 20k.....can you say lightspeed. Either way it takes a supercharged v8 for 12s and people do that on this site like drinking water. Damn it took you guys like 10 years and a supercharger to beat the camaro again.

Actually, I said I would take the bet with my 89 LX. It's 13 years old, and I have somewhere around 3 grand in it. And with the 200 shot, I'd say it could reach lightspeed. :D With another 20k, it could be a Pro 5.0 car.

Now as for comparing my Cobra, I have no problem comparing my factory supercharged V8 car to a factory turbocharged V6. They are both power adder cars, made to be fast. With inflation the way it is, if Buick would reintroduce the GN, I guarantee, it would be near the same price as the Cobra (that is if Buick intended it for serious performance). For 34 K I got a factory 12 second car that handles like a vette, has the acceleration close to a z06, and has the potential for BPU Supra power with just bolt on's. Not to mention the 400 watt stereo, warranty, 6 speed transmission, bulletproof bottom end, and chicks asking about my car at every stoplight.

As far as the Camaro, the Mustang has been beating the Camaro overall for the last 10 years. That is why there is no Camaro next year. Sure the LS1 is an awesome power plant, and I have no idea why they aren't selling that good, cause I actually love the SS's. So Ford just jumped over the Camaro, and is now contending with the vette. Not bad, in my book.