Bison – TE45A question

If it's a Garrett .63 that's pretty good. I'd switch to a precision housing. Its got more in it though

DougsfastZ said:
Here is a video of the pass.

YouTube Video

Bison, would you happen to have a .85 Precision housing for sale?

Nothing laying around I can spare. I have some precision .63 which are about .75 and work really well with the 76p ex wheel and some Garrett .82's. I'm not sure you'd see power over the .63 precision. I can send you a .85 to test but I'd need it back or replaced if you want to keep it.

Nothing laying around I can spare. I have some precision .63 which are about .75 and work really well with the 76p ex wheel and some Garrett .82's. I'm not sure you'd see power over the .63 precision. I can send you a .85 to test but I'd need it back or replaced if you want to keep it.

What do you recommend for my setup? I'd like the car to go 133-135 full weight if possible. If not, thoughts on a 6768 journal bearing?

DougsfastZ said:
What do you recommend for my setup? I'd like the car to go 133-135 full weight if possible. If not, thoughts on a 6768 journal bearing?

Your in a position where you might need a little more compressor if you want the power all the time but I'd never switch to a gtq/68 for what you're doing. It will make the car a lazy turd on the street. If the 66 will still make boost turn it up. The cheapest thing to get a little more would be to go to the t04z compressor and switch out to one of the ex housings i mentioned. That is if you actually need more wheel. It will feel the same as the 66. Otherwise it's cheaper to reduce weight and wait for better air.

I have a 6776 with the PTE .63 and I'm actually thinking of trying the garrett .63....

I don't think I have a core around to send in, but yours and mine might be swappable.

Bob

Your in a position where you might need a little more compressor if you want the power all the time but I'd never switch to a gtq/68 for what you're doing. It will make the car a lazy turd on the street. If the 66 will still make boost turn it up. The cheapest thing to get a little more would be to go to the t04z compressor and switch out to one of the ex housings i mentioned. That is if you actually need more wheel. It will feel the same as the 66. Otherwise it's cheaper to reduce weight and wait for better air.

Good info. I wasn't sure how the newer Precision billet CEA wheels would be on the street to pick up more compressor.

I'll fix the car and raise the boost and timing before swapping out parts.

DougsfastZ said:
Good info. I wasn't sure how the newer Precision billet CEA wheels would be on the street to pick up more compressor.

I'll fix the car and raise the boost and timing before swapping out parts.

The cea wheels work excellent but for what you are looking to do it's not a justifiable expense IMO. You're so close to where you want to be.

MPH is a good indicator of how much power you are making. ET indicates how well you used that power. :)

B

Brian, I did a few things since we talked on this thread.... I changed the converter and got the 9.5/3400 sthal, and changed the tires. from 235/MT/15 to a 285/nitto/17. The tire is smaller in h/t then the m/t.... But I am looking for more out of the TA66. Can I do anything to this turbo?.... Thanks AL

qws2000 said:
Brian, I did a few things since we talked on this thread.... I changed the converter and got the 9.5/3400 sthal, and changed the tires. from 235/MT/15 to a 285/nitto/17. The tire is smaller in h/t then the m/t.... But I am looking for more out of the TA66. Can I do anything to this turbo?.... Thanks AL

If it's still making boost and mph is going up you won't gain much. I could switch it to an e cover for about $300 or a S cover for about $425.

Here is a video of the pass.

Bison, would you happen to have a .85 Precision housing for sale?

Congrats on that pass....that thing is moving!

I have a TE-66 on my car which is about the same as your turbo I believe and until last month the car had been a lil piggy....I just installed a new converter it stalls about 3200 and it really woke the car up big time. I hope to run low 11's and possibly break into the 10's My best so far is 11.5 on 19psi with a crappy 60' cause the old converter just would not stall. I am pretty sure my combo is good for 10.7-10.9 power but I dont have a cage so thats a draw back. I am currently only running 16-17 psi on the street which is way low for this turbo but I gotta say its a ton of fun even at these low levels.......fast spool up and the drag radials just do not work:cool: My plan is to get my alky system working and run the car closer to 20-22psi which is much closer to the optimal operating range than its current level.

Awesome pass again.....man I never get tired watching these cars leave!