Bison – TE45A question

I've yet to see a lock up converter that stalls over 3400 couple mid 10 sec power under 6000rpm. You should really consider a PTC 9.5" or change up your combo. You will probably have decent spoolup but it will be driven over when you turn the boost up.
i'm gonna give this convertor one more shot,then i will either put a smaller turbo on or different convertor

i'm gonna give this convertor one more shot,then i will either put a smaller turbo on or different convertor
Be sure to ask what boost number the stall rating is.

Looks like the "old school TE45A is STILL a winner"! :cool:

Yup. Around 800hp give or take a few. It takes an engine with good heads and a cam that will get the cylinder fill at the pressure ratio it flows the most to
Bison what the hp that these TE45a put out at full boost.
if you have a te45a you want to try I have a tangential .96a/r ex housing that would really show what that turbo can make. You have plenty of engine there. You should try and knock off a 9.9 pass with it.

I love the 45a,have gone 10.00 @135 at 26 psi in a full weight GN in THS trim.Cant wait to turn it up!!
DDay

I love the 45a,have gone 10.00 @135 at 26 psi in a full weight GN in THS trim.Cant wait to turn it up!!
DDay
Thats getting it done. You probably won't be able to get much more boost out of it. I was able to make 28-29psi running the 66 compressor hard.

bison said:
Yup. Around 800hp give or take a few. It takes an engine with good heads and a cam that will get the cylinder fill at the pressure ratio it flows the most to get it done. Looks like around 2.7:1 pressure ratio would be ideal

Yes Sir! :cool:
+6500 rpm @ 2.7PR

I have had no problem running 28-29psi on the street with 93 and methanol other than tires. Car is silly. Great street turbo.

I have had no problem running 28-29psi on the street with 93 and methanol other than tires. Car is silly. Great street turbo.
What kind of times did you run with that combo?

Last time out my 45A did 10.3 averaging 19.7 boost throughout the run, thinking I might give the rod a few twists on Saturday to raise the boost to 22 or so. What I am waiting for is a column shift detent that is on its way so I can shift the car from 2nd to 3rd and optimize RPM's.

Last time out my 45A did 10.3 averaging 19.7 boost throughout the run, thinking I might give the rod a few twists on Saturday to raise the boost to 22 or so. What I am waiting for is a column shift detent that is on its way so I can shift the car from 2nd to 3rd and optimize RPM's.
Column shift!:) That must really mess up the competition.

Yes but the stock compressor housing is a restriction. The bigger wheels don't seem to gain much at all when stuffed in the stock housing.

Yes but the stock compressor housing is a restriction. The bigger wheels don't seem to gain much at all when stuffed in the stock housing.
Yup. The diffuser isn't meant to be run at mass flow/pressure ratio the larger compressor wheels make power at. It seems to be a bigger problem with a pressure wheel vs a volume wheel of the same or nearly the same size. Most don't even come close to the limitation of the stock housing though. The difference between an E cover and anything larger is a lot less than most think even at 800hp. KevinB is getting it done.

Bison, I think if im understanding you even just a 1/4 of what you wrote it sounds like my 66 is a pretty decent turbo, for us guys looking for a stock appearing set up...

I'm pretty sure the 6676 has been into the 10's on a stock appearing setup through a stock intercooler. If you wanted to switch covers it would be about $300. You need the backing plate and comp housing to do it

I just went 10.42 @ 130 with the 45A .63 housing. It went 131 the pass before. 27 psi RPM was 5700 1-2 and 2-3 going through the traps at 5600. Rest of the combo is in the sig. I wonder how much it has left?