Billet 67 runs 9.71

Cal: Thanks for sharing the information you did about the turbo. The billets been slammed pretty damned hard and I don't think that is justified.

One of Murphy's law's is "No good deed goes unpunished". You and Bison should appreciate that.

Phil Engle

Those are some great times for that Turbo. Lets hope he gets it in ths trim and shows up at bg. I heard a rumor from another board (non-buick) that the car doesn't have AC on it, but its on the fat side do to stereo equipment. They weren't sure if the car had it in at the track though.

Please post or pm me the link to this.

TY

Congrats.........:biggrin::biggrin:
Ty post 6776 on a thread about 67's. Tooooo cool.
I know there are some guy's down South cranking the 67 way past what most think they will run.....

Congrats.........:biggrin::biggrin:
Ty post 6776 on a thread about 67's. Tooooo cool.
I know there are some guy's down South cranking the 67 way past what most think they will run.....

Always has to be one S**** A** in the crowd :p

There is another car in S. FLa that has been faster then those numbers with a 67 mm turbo and iron heads, and stock bottom end. These numbers are not that earth shattering if you are in the know! ;)

Still impressive numbers.

With a 67 P-trim turbo!:D:cool: Those 67's aint no joke!!

Are you guys talking about Roy and Laz? Didn't they go well in the 9's with the 67?

Roy did run mid 9's with an iron headed 109 stock cube combination, but that was a TSM setup with a 70GTQ. This is one of Laz's customer~ Jesus that has the car with the 67Ptrim. If I remember correctly they ran 9.59 @141mph and they don't have many passes on the car either.

Here is a video of the car running 9.77 @137mph at PBIR~

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_m_BNeXZng[/YOUTUBE]

That is the "THS" cover. Based on what I have seen running sleeved covers on the big turbo's in NMRA, I can't say that it will be much of a diference. 90% of the guys won't max the turbo out to find the diference.
FWIW: I ran that turbo on my jetski for a while.

Thanks for the info!

Please post or pm me the link to this.

TY

Google and belonging to every street race board in the Midwest let me on a hunch of who it was. Then researching the car on here I found a post where he said he had a champion AC delete bracket and stereo equip.

What happened to just saying Congratulations?
:mad: X 10,000000000 People arent gonna be happy till theres noone willing to hand out tech info for free on the board...It seems to me Cal is just putting up the info everyone asked for when the turbo came out in that other thread...Even if the combo isnt shared its nice to know what a turbo is capable of before you spend you hard earned $$..

Let me start by saying that this is a customer who chooses to be anonymous. Because of this, I won't give out too many details unless he changes his mind. I am posting because I thought that his performance was worth letting others know about.

The car is a 100% street car with 200R4, AC, PTC, XFI, etc.. It weighs over 3800# with driver. It ran a best of 9.71@139+mph. This was on slicks at 23-25# of boost leaving the line very, very hard.

Cal regardless of who or what the setup is do you have all the incrementals for the run?? I seen the boost level just wondering about the rest

the problem with giving out certain info is alot of haters .... jmo

i have a 6768dbbturbo but mines a turtle

There is 2 sides to this thing guys!

Cal, and others like him, spend countless hours and dollars working on these cars to figure out combo's that work. Customers pay lots of money for this stuff. Would it be right to just come spell out letter for letter for free what a customer just paid lots for in some cases to figure out?

I know we certainly shared a lot of what we did to our race car(s) but not everything by any means...