Billet 67 runs 9.71

HighPSI

Staff member
Let me start by saying that this is a customer who chooses to be anonymous. Because of this, I won't give out too many details unless he changes his mind. I am posting because I thought that his performance was worth letting others know about.

The car is a 100% street car with 200R4, AC, PTC, XFI, etc.. It weighs over 3800# with driver. It ran a best of 9.71@139+mph. This was on slicks at 23-25# of boost leaving the line very, very hard.

Cal, was this with a 3 inch or 4 inch comp. cover?

Thanks, Kip

It was a billet, ball bearing, air cooled 67HPQ with a 4"cover (for now).

Good news...

Is this "just the beginning", or is it close to max?

Nice! I guess people have some PROOF that these new billet wheels will get it done with the right STUFF.:cool:

Haha... sure would be nice to know a few things. Off the shelf cam? Stock stroke? Heads? ;)

Awesome! Guess this dispells the rumors that the 67 from PTE is over rated.

Good news...

Is this "just the beginning", or is it close to max?

I asked the customer to log a couple other things. When he makes another pass and we get that data, we will have a better idea what's left in it.

Nice! I guess people have some PROOF that these new billet wheels will get it done with the right STUFF.:cool:

The proof has been in my signature for quite a while:
Billet 88= 7.97@176 TSO
Billet 76= 8.50@161 TSL
Billet 70= 8.89@152 TSM

and now
Billet 67= 9.71@139

Cal,

Maybe you should highlight the turbos used in those performances in your sig.
That and incorporate that information on your web site.

Cal,

Maybe you should highlight the turbos used in those performances in your sig.
That and incorporate that information on your web site.

I am already maxed out on my signature. In fact, I recently removed some customers to add others. I do need to add that to my website

The proof has been in my signature for quite a while:
Billet 88= 7.97@176 TSO
Billet 76= 8.50@161 TSL
Billet 70= 8.89@152 TSM

and now
Billet 67= 9.71@139

I really should have JUST mentioned the Billet 67.:redface: Not unless someone has not mentioned it, this is the fastest I've heard someone going with the billet 67. I NEVER had any doubt.:smile:

I had no dought of that turbo performing... If you saw what it did on our dyno:eek:

Congrats Cal and "the customer":biggrin:

Let me start by saying that this is a customer who chooses to be anonymous. Because of this, I won't give out too many details unless he changes his mind. I am posting because I thought that his performance was worth letting others know about.

The car is a 100% street car with 200R4, AC, PTC, XFI, etc.. It weighs over 3800# with driver. It ran a best of 9.71@139+mph. This was on slicks at 23-25# of boost leaving the line very, very hard.

Cal: Glad to see you got one of these to the track and showed the potential of the billet turbos. RWHP for that time and speed with a heavy car computes in the 820 range which pretty close to the flywheel rated HP of 875that PTE shows for this turbo. I'm pretty close to the PTE rated HP for the 6265S.

Have you done some testing of the 6265 turbo? Curious to see how it has done for you.

I've been waiting since April to get my car to the track to see what a 6265 can do and heading to Noble Friday night. BTW, you wouldn't happen to be in Oklahoma City Friday night, would you?:biggrin:

Let you know how Friday night turns out.

Phil Engle

Man I hope this guy comes out of the closet. It would be good to have more details.

See ya, Kip