Billet 67 runs 9.71

Patrick, thanks for the great post.
I think we could see a very low 10 on a 6265 soon.
I am not going to say anything until it happens though.

Patrick, thanks for the great post.
I think we could see a very low 10 on a 6265 soon.
I am not going to say anything until it happens though.

John I bet a lot of the new turbo's can really scream BUT a lot of guys build wiz bang motors an then run them @ 18#s so they won't hurt em. :rolleyes: I liked seeing Cal's customer is having a good time pushing it like its suppose to be! :cool:

We took my street sled to BG for a change of pace. I would have been happy with 10.30s but it just kept going faster. Needless to say this billet 6765 exceeded my expectations.

We ran a 10.16 @ 130 with a 1.37 60ft time on 275DRs. This was launching off the footbrake at about 8-9psi and 26psi total down track. Never used the transbrake since it was lauching so well off the foot - guess I didn't want to mees with a good thing. Only ran the timing at 21deg as well so you can see I wasn't really leaning on it too hard. This is a 235 motor with a STOCK rotating asssembly - no stroker here. Car weight is 3725# with driver. I know everyone says it BUT it has more left in it. It ran 131 on Friday night in the cool air on 24.5 psi. I was creeping up on the tune a little at a time and just flat ran out of time before they started eliminations on Saturday. It doesn't fit into a heads up class so we just ran with the bracket cars. I was planning to crank it to around 30psi and let it eat. I have no doubt it will run in the nines. Now if they would just allow a 9" rear end and S-cover in THS ........:rolleyes:

That was Sean Hayes with his street car. Awesome runs Sean, congrats on running the first 9 second THS pass.

Once people start turning up the wick on these Billet 67 turbos, more and more impressive results will be posted. They are both serious turbos for stock motor builds and stroker motors. Billet 6765 and Billet 67HPQ are very popular through out the country right now, especially with SP and HP compressor covers. With Will running easy low 10's with his Billet 6765 and stroker motors running high 9's without having to scream the boost to the moon, these are both win win combos.

I'll still stick by my original specs:

- Full weight car with a stock 231 bolt on combo to a built 235ci combo wanting low to high 10's?
Billet 6765 with either .63 or .85 A/R Buick 3-bolt. A/R would depend on the desired goals.

Full weight car with 240-250ci stroker motor build, wanting mid to high 9's? Billet 67 HPQ with .85 A/R Buick 3-bolt.

Who knows? Maybe we'll see some low 9's on a stroker combo with the boost up to 30-32 psi and timing at 26*. It's definitely possible.
Keep those updates coming everyone and happy hunting out there.

Patrick
Does anyone know Sean Hayes combo? Thats pretty BAD-ASS, 9 sec ET's with an E cover 67!

We took my street sled to BG for a change of pace. I would have been happy with 10.30s but it just kept going faster. Needless to say this billet 6765 exceeded my expectations.

We ran a 10.16 @ 130 with a 1.37 60ft time on 275DRs. This was launching off the footbrake at about 8-9psi and 26psi total down track. Never used the transbrake since it was lauching so well off the foot - guess I didn't want to mees with a good thing. Only ran the timing at 21deg as well so you can see I wasn't really leaning on it too hard. This is a 235 motor with a STOCK rotating asssembly - no stroker here. Car weight is 3725# with driver. I know everyone says it BUT it has more left in it. It ran 131 on Friday night in the cool air on 24.5 psi. I was creeping up on the tune a little at a time and just flat ran out of time before they started eliminations on Saturday. It doesn't fit into a heads up class so we just ran with the bracket cars. I was planning to crank it to around 30psi and let it eat. I have no doubt it will run in the nines. Now if they would just allow a 9" rear end and S-cover in THS ........:rolleyes:
9" and s cover ain't going to happen...or it better not. I sold my favorite material thing (my white car) with a 9" and no AC and a 6776 bb Turbo I had to compete. Others made changes too. I the legal cover is at best 200 bucks and a direct bolt on to the billet 67's and you could probably make money trading the 9" for a 8.5"

9" and s cover ain't going to happen...or it better not. I sold my favorite material thing (my white car) with a 9" and no AC and a 6776 bb Turbo I had to compete. Others made changes too. I the legal cover is at best 200 bucks and a direct bolt on to the billet 67's and you could probably make money trading the 9" for a 8.5"

Don't worry - they ain't going to budge on either one and I respect that decision. I'm glad the THS class is successful and hopefully it won't get messed up like TSM did. My 9" rear is an integral part of my car's stance and the way it hooks - I've got the stocker in storage. The compressor cover is not a direct bolt-on as the backing plate would have to be changed. I didn't build mine for any class anyway so I'm not changing anything. I will be back in the 7sec car next time out anyways. I'm just happy the 6765 accomplished what I said it was capable of way back.

I'm glad the THS class is successful and hopefully it won't get messed up like TSM did.

I don't think TSM is "messed up". That's the natural progression of life. Set rules and people figure out how to go faster and faster on those rules.

THS is going to continue to go faster. I think that many of the racers at BG realized that there is even more potential than what was thought in these cars.

I just replaced a a cover on a 6765 so he could race ths. It was a direct replacement, did not replace the backing plate. Never took the Turbo off the car. Now my 6776 was a different story. That was going to cost all most new turbo money to replace the 4x3 cover.

I don't think TSM is "messed up". That's the natural progression of life. Set rules and people figure out how to go faster and faster on those rules.

THS is going to continue to go faster. I think that many of the racers at BG realized that there is even more potential than what was thought in these cars.

Let me clarify. Maybe "messed up" wasn't the correct wording. What I mean is that TSM started life as an "affordable" class centering around the stock 109 block and keeping the stage motors out. Like any other heads up racing it evolved into a really fast class that is unfortunately at a level now where many cannot afford to compete. I think this is where the idea for THS came from. Racers are innovative and TSM has become a really fast class because of it. You are absolutely right that THS will evolve in the same way - I just hope it's kept in check. I think that says a lot for the caliber of people we have in our little commnunity. You are one of the front runners in TSM that has paid your dues so you should know what I mean from a time and expense standpoint.

You are one of the front runners in TSM that has paid your dues so you should know what I mean from a time and expense standpoint.

I agree.. wish more people would realize that you can't just slap some stuff together and run a number. Heck, I've been working on this same combo for more than 5 yrs.. Been racing Turbo Buicks since 94.