Billet 66mm Batmowheel

its2qik

Just tested this turbo on my Mitsubishi Evolution. Just over 700whp on a Mustang dyno @ 44lbs of boost on E-85. We're switching cams today and hope to make over 800:biggrin:

The camshafts in this car are old-school HKS280s and are way too small for this combo. We switched today to a set of Kelford 288s and expect to make at least 100 more with these in place. Keep in mind this is an AWD car. The number would be higher if it were only 2wd.

This thing is a monster:smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 488
Very cool pics and please keep us updated.
It looks like ETT finger nails too! :wink:

What does a typical street evo weigh? What does a 700whp one run in the quarter?

What does a typical street evo weigh? What does a 700whp one run in the quarter?

3300lbs. Much of it depends on the driver since its a stickshift car. But right now an average driver could put this car in the 9.5-9.9s at about 146-150mph.

Here is a 650whp evo that has a similar combo as my car... He has less turbo than I do. See for yourself at the 2:00 minute mark...

YouTube - ‪Daniel Buschur's 9 second Evo 8‬‏

3300lbs. Much of it depends on the driver since its a stickshift car. But right now an average driver could put this car in the 9.5-9.9s at about 146-150mph.

Here is a 650whp evo that has a similar combo as my car... He has less turbo than I do. See for yourself at the 2:00 minute mark...

Looks like there is plenty of power there but using it is very hard.

My friend worked with a kid that was into Evos. Seen him at NED several times. Its a nice looking car. Runs low 12s. Has blown the tranny like 5 times.:)

Looks like there is plenty of power there but using it is very hard.

Any stick car going this fast is going to be a handful and requires some driving skill for sure. But with a little practice and some determination to get it down it can be done by anyone who loves to drive.

My friend worked with a kid that was into Evos. Seen him at NED several times. Its a nice looking car. Runs low 12s. Has blown the tranny like 5 times.:)

If his car is breaking the tranny that much while being such a roach (12s is slug slow even for a lightly modded one) then either 1)the kid doesn't know how to drive or 2) his trans builder really sucks.:rolleyes: More than likely its a combination of both:wink:

Anyone bolt one of these to a buick yet?

Those evos are bad mofos. There is a local one that runs high 9s, also does track days at road courses and is tough to beat on the highway. Pretty much a car that does everything well. Although he did put a smaller turbo on recently to compete in the parking lot cone dodging events. Still runs high 10s though in that setup.

If his car is breaking the tranny that much while being such a roach (12s is slug slow even for a lightly modded one) then either 1)the kid doesn't know how to drive or 2) his trans builder really sucks.:rolleyes: More than likely its a combination of both:wink:

I think the trannies were stock but he had an aftermarket clutch. Guess the Evo guys I see at NED are dummies. Never seen one run faster than low 12s. Like TBs not everyone runs 10s but you never know if your not versed in them.

that wheel looks wild.but there is only so much that can be put down on the street.

that wheel looks wild.but there is only so much that can be put down on the street.

That depends on the car and the driver.... "only so much" is quite subjective, don't you think? This car isn't even close to going over that "so much" point. At 700hp it hooks like a cat on carpet on the street. We're going add another 150hp to it over the next week or so and see how it goes.

thats hardly a typical EVO since thats Buschur's car but nonetheless its still impressive. Buschur is like the Titan Motorsports of the EVO world and pretty much has the fastest EVO on the planet.

so whats the price tab on that turbo and have you done any side by side comparison tests with a PTE billet of the same size. would be interesting to see the difference.

thats hardly a typical EVO since thats Buschur's car but nonetheless its still impressive. Buschur is like the Titan Motorsports of the EVO world and pretty much has the fastest EVO on the planet.

so whats the price tab on that turbo and have you done any side by side comparison tests with a PTE billet of the same size. would be interesting to see the difference.

Brett, that's actually Dan Buscher's car. His brother Dave's car is white and has been 9.00s. He hasn't gotten it into the 8s yet. Back in the day Dave was fast, but there are many, many cars that have surpassed him at this point. But Dan's car (the red one I posted) has a very common combination of parts now days. There are several low10sec - high9sec Evos in our area.

I've never tested a pte turbo on my car. An equivalent would be a 6765, but I'm sure this Bullseye 66 will outpower it. I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison.

Remember though, the 6765 is a true t-4 based turbo. This Bullseye turbo is a t-3/t-4 highbrid. So the precision would have a backpressure advantage, but I think the bullseye compressor wheel will outpower the 67mm precision wheel.

Love the evo's and sti's but I couldnt afford an awd dailly so I bought my fwd mazda speed. It's a great car...stock turbo, top mount, and cobb tune it's been 8.8 on street tires. Heat soak is a big issue on this car so I plan to go with a fmic and probablly going with a precision 5130 or maybe even a gt30.

Brett, that's actually Dan Buscher's car. His brother Dave's car is white and has been 9.00s. He hasn't gotten it into the 8s yet. Back in the day Dave was fast, but there are many, many cars that have surpassed him at this point. But Dan's car (the red one I posted) has a very common combination of parts now days. There are several low10sec - high9sec Evos in our area.

I've never tested a pte turbo on my car. An equivalent would be a 6765, but I'm sure this Bullseye 66 will outpower it. I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison.

Remember though, the 6765 is a true t-4 based turbo. This Bullseye turbo is a t-3/t-4 highbrid. So the precision would have a backpressure advantage, but I think the bullseye compressor wheel will outpower the 67mm precision wheel.
If you are so sure send one to me. I have a 6765 Billet pte turbo here and have a good car here and bison and I can do a back to back on his car. This car made 686 rwhp with a t-netics 66.

Guys,

Let's try and remember that Precision is a supporting vendor and Bullseye is not at this time.
I am in the process of reaching out to them.
Let's make sure we don't scare off Harry and Patrick from supporting us.