a story inspired by Raven!

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
Well guys I have read some of Raven's work and I was inspired to write my own.. Its a little to start with. Any input appreciated.. Here goes....

Errrt errrt errrt. So thats the sound! Dam alarm clock I still got... oh.... At least i had a couple more minutes to sleep. My eyes are still half way closed, blurred vision, and a sore throat from the steam.. "wake up New York!!! Its a cold Monday." great Monday i thought. "Tempertures around 32 today with wind chill makin it feel like a frigid 22. The time is now 800." like i wanted to be reminded that i was running late. "dont take that Harlem River Drive backed up for miles.." can this day get any better? The only good part that seemed to be going my way was i would soon be driving the National. After last night Im surprised she is still running.
How i love Sundays. Its my only day off. I woke up early 730ish despite working a 72 hour week. There was too much to do on my day off. My parents were having a big family dinner. Everyone was going to be there. I had to have the car hand washed, meet with my sister to have breakfast, and then see my brother for a tune up before the long haul. After my shower i walked to my garage to get the car. Im on schedule so far. Over the triborough and through the toll. I pul up to the car wash and my friend Carlos shows me where to park it. The car is finished by 915. Man i love the look of that car when it comes out the detailer. The black paint looks wet and deep, reflecting everything. The chrome rims are almost blinding when the sunlight hits them. The Bf goodrichs are shiny, very wet looking. Im off to meet my sister at our usual bagel place in queens. Right there on willets point and 149. As i pull up i see them sitting in front. I can hear my nephew say uncle jiffy pop. I run in to get a bagel. As i am paying for it the cashier compliments the car. "nice car. What kind is it?" "its a Buick" i said shockingly. "what year? Is it fast? Can a mustang beat you?" "its an 86. I wouldnt say its fast. The speedo only reads 85." "85 thats it??? That seems slow" she said mockingly.. "i have ran a couple stangs and won soo" i said a lil cocky. "maybe i can take you for a ride sometime and you can do a comparison study" i said. "you know what how bout tonight? I have a family function and i should be back around 8 if its not too late." i inquired. "sure ill meet you in font of here at 8" she said. "perfect." my sister saw what was goin on and she just laughed. After the bagel and my nephew persistance i take him to the park i made my way to the shop. I stopped in Autozone to pick up supplies; sparkplugs, oil, 2 filters, and a fuel filter.
I got to the shop and put the car on ramps. "wow she looks beautiful. Gota hot date or something?" Derek asked. "well it didnt start out that way but i managed to make it that way." i said. "she wanted to know if this was faster than a stang." i recalled. "whadda ya say?" "well i didnt toot my horn so loud bt i told her it could run with em." " you know Jeff you shouldnt lie like that., especially on a first meeting." my brother said jokingly. "thanks for the support and confidence" i shot back. I knew he was joking . I drained the oil as i pulled the plugs. My brother had the Autolite 23 gapped and ready to install. I knocked out 3 and 6 cyl first because they were the hardest ones. It was a breeze. My oil filters were hand tight and i checked all my fitting on my turbo saver. I had Magne Core wires waiting to be put on and it was ready to go. We departed from queens to head to parents house near West Point. My brother follwed me in his 66 Caprcie w the GMPP 502 crate motor. That has to be the best all around motor there is. Plenty of power and great on gas. Then again derek drives like hes an old man. Thats probally the reason why hes never working on it except usual maintaince. My friend Peter caught up with us. Now hes is trouble, but in a good way. He drives a 68 chevelle with only 22000 miles on it. The car originally had a straight 6 and no balls whats so ever. Well, he changed that. He took the old mans car and turn it into a fire breathing beast. 620 horses were on tap and a 572 ci motor that sucked on gas but threw you into the back seat. He was like me, loved the speed and open roads. Along the Palisade parkway peter and i ran our cars to a couple 100 mph blasts while Derek did a cool 70.
mY sister arrived first and we were next. Going through Main Street people saw the 3 car convoy with those 8 cyl cars rumbling and setting off car alarms. I was just seen. There was no way i was competeing with that noise. We sat down and ate pasta with coffee and dessert to come right after. I kept a close eye on my watch waiting for it to be 630. Thats when i leave for my date w Marie (i think thats her name). 630 came and I left. I made to the city in record time. I stopped off Dunkin Doughnuts for a hot tea. I arrived 10 minutes early and tries to wait patiently. I kept thinking of Marie and how pretty she was. She had jet black hair tied in a bun. She had olive skin toned that screamed she was Italian. She had the face of a model and a body of goddess. It was now 820 and no show of her. I started the car and left. I was really pissed because i hate waiting. To ease my mind i went to Francis lewis blvd where all the racers and car guys hang. Im behaving myself but in the distance i see those distinct tail lights. Ohh yea thats them. Late 80 early 90 Mustang tail lights. I weave in and out of trafifc to catch up. Target is locked and they are in my sights. As i pull along side the silver Mustang we catch the light. I look over but i cant see through the dark tint. Its now time to bait... I rev my motor. And i get a small barely 1500 rpm rev. Sounds like a pair of Flowmasters and maybe a cam. Not that rough of an idle. Easy win im thinking. This is just what i need to get my spirits up. My heart picks up the pace as it usually does. I start to build boost at the line. 3 4 5 pounds and i wait.
Light is green and i release the brake and the tires slip as i move foward. Yes im out in front. As i start to smile thinking its the beginning of the end i hear a tremendous rumble and whine come from my right... Thats no ordinary 5.0... It catches up to me no problem and im serious Sam again. Im not used to this i thought.... Im up to 15lbs no problem (wished i wouldve put that alky kit in) pullng hard with this stang riding me. Dam cant shake it. We are racing throgh the streets without a care as we pass by the police... Its decision time....
As we zoom by the Crown Victoria i am thinkin of one thing... Dont get caught. We have the advantge. We are 100 mph plus so we can do it. The Mustang backs off and starts to follow me.. I guess we are both running. I make a hard right on to 45 and take that straight down to kissena blvd. I make a left and slow down some. The Mustang is still there right behind me. On the left is kissena park and i figured the parking lot would be best to cool our jets. I pull in and head towards the back where there are trees arching over creating a shadow. The Mustang rumbles right behind me. I let the car run to cool down a bit. The pony pulls right next to me and shuts off.
When the door opened i saw a beautifil girl slide out of the drivers seat.. Nah it cant. Yepp its Marie. "you still havent proven to me that you Buick is faster than a Stang" she said.. "ummm ahhh huh? I was a head when we saw cops" i stamered out. "we will see next time" she said. " i ahhh... you aahhhh... wow!" i said confusingly. "why didnt youshow up? What was the purpose of this?" "i have seen you before on the blvd and i knew thats where you would head once tonight fell through. I had this whole thing planned." she said cooly. All i could do is laugh. We exchanged numbers and decided we had enough fun for a night.
I went to start the GN and immediately noticed a rough idle. I popped the hood and saw a plug wire on the manifold. It was definitely burned through. Lucky for me i had a spare in the trunk. I switched the wires and off i went... The problem with Marie was when we went out we couldnt decide whose car to take....

Its...ok, i kinds like the more car tuned stories, a little off center for me, but it would probaly have a great follow up!!