Big streeet racing bust in High Point, NC

First Grand National I can remember street racing in High Point or Greensboro was driven by some guy named Craig. But that was a long time ago.

"With special installed parts such as mufflers, tires, steering wheels and speed boosters, your normal street car can cost more than $100,000 dollars” :eek: I’d like to get a hold of one of those special steering wheels and speed boosters :D

First Grand National I can remember street racing in High Point or Greensboro was driven by some guy named Craig. But that was a long time ago.
Ha, yeah that would be me. That was a long time ago. We sure had fun too. We didn't act like fools doing it...most of the time:tongue:
Seriously, there are a bunch of people going DOWN on this one. It's really big.

Notice how much of it is rice :eek:

The Police officer in one of the video's says they add rocket fuel :D

They got a Trailblazer SS, a Cobra and several other decent cars. Rice doesn't count as decent. They can crush them!

Hey guys- The kid in the trailblazer is just a goofy young kid hanging around with the wrong crowd. During racing season, he had a spot with us at the track. I hope he doesn't lose his SS. He just got it.
Again, wrong place ...wrong time.

It's funny how clueless the media and the cops are lol.

"They take a 6000lb car and make it 3000lbs"

"They add rocket fuel"

Some classic stuff right there:rolleyes:

They make it bad on all of us. These guys race up and down the Interstates all the time with cars everywhere...

I would never do it again, but what happened to the days of finding a WAY OFF BACK ROAD where you could see both ways and be safe from harming others even if you killed your stupid self...

When we used to street race, we were most concerned with other cars and the cops... We had better since then to go through main traffic area's doing 120+:rolleyes:

I'm curious, if the guy has a lien on his car and the cops take it, what then. He does not have posession of the car that he's making payments on. Is the car given back to the bank and sold for payoff? Anyone know?

Street Racing

Warp Six,
The bank will sue you for the balance owed on the car.

Shane,
In the good old days, the streets weren't so crowded. I believe most of these guy's will hire good lawers and plead these charges down so as to get their cars back. Hope so anyway.

Happy thanksgiving guys!

bob aks stgman

I'm curious, if the guy has a lien on his car and the cops take it, what then. He does not have posession of the car that he's making payments on. Is the car given back to the bank and sold for payoff? Anyone know?

What usually happens is the Lien holder has to go and "Bid" what there payoff balance is. So if they bid at least what is owed, they don't have to pay anything, they get the car back unless someone outbids them. Which is fine with them all they want is their pay off.

The police have the first right to pay off the lien and keep the car for police business. If not they have to put it up for auction.

This is what I do trust me:biggrin:

You should always check you state auction sites for siezed vehicles. Man I have seen some NICE stuff go CHEAP!!!! Camaro's worth 100k usually go for 20-40k depending on how many people show up:eek:

High Point, NC

This was a huge operation, It was so tighted lipped, I am a Trooper in Greensboro and I did not even know about it.. I knew about HP road, but had no idea about Hwy 311. If you go to youtube and do a search for High Point racing, you will see alot of those guys rolling down HP road and 311 racing. I got a chance to look at some of the cars that were impounded, I was amazed, some were set up for only street racing. Lots of greenbacks poured into these cars.. One dude worked for a car dealership in G-boro, a 40 year old, using a loaner from the dealership racing these kids, the car was seized and he is now on the run..lol... No car, No job.. I guess the drag strip in not challeging enough for these kids..

This was a huge operation, It was so tighted lipped, I am a Trooper in Greensboro and I did not even know about it.. I knew about HP road, but had no idea about Hwy 311. If you go to youtube and do a search for High Point racing, you will see alot of those guys rolling down HP road and 311 racing. I got a chance to look at some of the cars that were impounded, I was amazed, some were set up for only street racing. Lots of greenbacks poured into these cars.. One dude worked for a car dealership in G-boro, a 40 year old, using a loaner from the dealership racing these kids, the car was seized and he is now on the run..lol... No car, No job.. I guess the drag strip in not challeging enough for these kids..

Are you serious! I bet his boss is on FIRE!!! The cops should let the dealership owner have about 5 minutes with him in private:biggrin:

It has been a LONG time since I did something so stupid... WOULD NOT PUT IT ON YOUTUBE EITHER:rolleyes: