BIG PTE turbos at the PRI show

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
Just got back from the PRI show. Went by the Presicion turbo booth where they had huge new units A 114mm unit was on display with a clipped G wheel and a ball bearing 115 mm unit with a F wheel:eek: ... these suckers are big! No pics available. Im sure pics will start showing up on the net soon..

Just got back from the PRI show. Went by the Presicion turbo booth where they had huge new units A 114mm unit was on display with a clipped G wheel and a ball bearing 115 mm unit with a F wheel:eek: ... these suckers are big! No pics available. Im sure pics will start showing up on the net soon..

Can I pretend to be a newbie and ask if that will work on a 109 with a 3200 stall. :confused: :D :D :D

Those have a 3 bolt housing right?

I want to use a stock ported elbow and downpipe for the stealth look. ;) :p

The 115 unit was a high boost unit good for 60 psi. The compressor wheel was unlike any other turbo charger. Almost looked like a procharger wheel. I think you will see lots of 114 mm units next year ..

The 115 unit was a high boost unit good for 60 psi. The compressor wheel was unlike any other turbo charger. Almost looked like a procharger wheel. I think you will see lots of 114 mm units next year ..

Somebody tell Dusty to try one out. :D

I've seen these on tractors at the local pulls and was wondering how long until they spill over into the auto world......

I think a 106 will be plenty for me. If I want to make over 2000hp somebody needs to shoot me:biggrin: Or I just won the lottery:wink:

Louie, What about the new 3 bolt turbine housing. Did presicion have any on display?

In that case i wish i could find that tree some time,maybe someone sprayed weed killer in that area. if i could i would build a sick 4.1 and tell you guys how the new turbo works!:rolleyes:

,Dan

Im not sure I know which housing you are refering to. They mainly had all 4 bolt big housing stuff on display. This is what gets the people in the booth..

Louie. The housing that, I was refering to was the "new" precision high flow 3 bolt housing that harry was working on for large downpipe/turbo applications?

That housing is still in the design phase it will be a while before they hit the market, we did not even get the prototype yet to start the downpipe
Mike