PRI Update

What was that drink?

cal_billy_t.jpg

Group:

group_1209.jpg

I received this email response from Aeromotive today. Hey Cal put me down for 2 of these when you can get them from Aeromotive. I'm going to hold out for these. Sick of the wal-blows and don't want a Toyota nothing in my gm :biggrin:

Wes

We’ll be releasing part numbers and pricing for 3 new in-tank fuel pumps over the next several weeks, and expect to start shipping by the end of January if not before. Keep you eye on our website at Aeromotive|Serious Fuel Systems and thanks for choosing Aeromotive!

Brett Clow

Aeromotive, Inc.

That fuel pump is sure looks like it would be a good seller for sure.... if it isn't 2x what other intank pumps are.....

pump

That fuel pump is sure looks like it would be a good seller for sure.... if it isn't 2x what other intank pumps are.....

I doubt it would be over 250. If it is expensive but it can run e85, or gasoline/10% ethanol mix, and drop right it and deliver 30% more than a wal-broke and not have to cut up your tank to fit a 200 dollar bosch/denso pump in then I will still be buying one. Tired of wal-brokes and external noisy pumps.

I really want to see a performance curve on that pump. I believe the Walbro's are bleeding out the pressure relief at 80 psi. If so it would not be hard to beat them at that pressure.

I want what all you guys want, someone to step up and make a 'manly' pump that can kill a 340 and not require lots of custom fab to implement.

Fingers crossed. (I want to run 120lb injectors on E85 next spring)

Bob

pump

I really want to see a performance curve on that pump. I believe the Walbro's are bleeding out the pressure relief at 80 psi. If so it would not be hard to beat them at that pressure.

I want what all you guys want, someone to step up and make a 'manly' pump that can kill a 340 and not require lots of custom fab to implement.

Fingers crossed. (I want to run 120lb injectors on E85 next spring)Bob

+ 1000 :) Tired of pulling tanks and putting the same old $hit in to fail in a few months.

Brett Clow, the Aeromotive guy......... (see your post above...)

Bob

I have seen the flow charts of the pump. They graph it against both Walbro's. It outflows them from 30psi on up. They told me suggested retail was $159 They claim it flows real close to the A1000 external pump in boosted applications.

pump

I have seen the flow charts of the pump. They graph it against both Walbro's. It outflows them from 30psi on up. They told me suggested retail was $159 They claim it flows real close to the A1000 external pump in boosted applications.

That is awesome. They won't be able to keep up with the Buick guys demands at that price especially with that kind of performance much less all the other high performance cars out there. Cal, put me down for 2 ;) I know they don't sell to the public.

Wow, that is full of win.
Can you just reiterate this is not a repacked Walbro?
There are a lot of skeptical people that believe this.

Here's Chad's car with a couple pics from the show. We had to have it there by 4pm Tuesday so it was a long week for us.

It does use TRZ's new extreme duty anti-roll bar with their coil-over front a-arms.

Car is a 25.3 chassis by David Lemmond race cars. It runs on the 295/55 M/T radials or the 315/60 radials. It's been 4.78 at 154 so far with the 632ci BBC. It does have Holley's new Dominator EFI system which includes it's own waste spark system so no external distributor or ignition box is needed. It also has it's own internal progressive n20 controller. Of course it runs a PTC glide and converter. The car does weigh 2860# with a 150# horse jockey for a pilot:D He races at over 3000# for our class rules.

Attachments

• henderson1.jpg
    henderson1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 330
  • henderson2.jpg
    henderson2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 341
  • henderson3.jpg
    henderson3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 353
  • henderson4.jpg
    henderson4.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 334
Carbon Fiber Headlight Bezels...?
That is a nice car but it needs a turbo IMO...

The bezels are hydro-dipped by Jeff Chandler at CRC hydro-graphics who is here in Decatur.

I've been on him about putting twins on it for years but he is die hard nitrous. I was hoping the move to Holley's EFI system would make the move to turbo's easier since he is sponsored by Holley. It wouldn't be like he turned his back on them by moving away from nitrous.

He's at the point now where the car will have to be run on 3-4 kits to compete since our days of EZ Street racing are gone. We liked that class because we could run a series without having to beat the motor's up. Now we will be running the engine's much harder. He will either have to step up in engine size or go to boost. Of course they want the big motor, I want the boost. At this point you will spend the same amount of $$$ to make an extra 200-400hp with a big motor or make 1000hp more with boost.