PRI Update

HighPSI

Staff member
I just finished a couple days at the Performance Race Industry tradeshow. I'll hit on a few items I saw that may be of interest to the Buick community. I'm sure that some of the other attendees can add to this.

Aeromotive 340 Intank Fuel Pump: This pump looks similar to the Walbro in-tank pump and will install the same way, but has much different internals. It will support 650hp@80psi :eek:

Precision Turbo: The new 6466 is rated at 800hp and should bridge the gap between the 6265 and the 6765. It has a new ported shroud cover that incorporates "accelerators" into the cover. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbos-turbo-related-parts/336043-new-precision-turbo-unit-pri.html These are curved veins in the ported area that assist in getting additional air into the turbo without increasing wheel size. Patrick can explain better. Another nice thing for racers, is they are going to make tangental exhaust housings for most of their turbo line and have a new 66mm wastegate.

FAST: For Buick owners, the new XFI 2.0 is probably the biggest news. FAST also had quite a bit of stuff for the new "Coyote" Ford (5.0) engine.

NLR: The new AMS 2000 will soon be available. It is real nice and offers a lot of possibilties. It currently does not have a display, but they will be selling one later. The cost is supposed to be $1850. It allows you to have 50 different boost points with a resolution of .05 second. It has a lot of trim tables to the boost settings. You can trim the boost vs Air Fuel Ratio, Air Temp, driveshaft speed, TPS, and a couple others I am forgetting. It also has ramps for the scramble inputs. It also has custom scaling for your auxillary channel input. This controller will control the CO2 to levels better then anyone would ever need.

Caspers Electronics had a nice display showcasing their connectors and harnesses. They have just moved into a huge, new facility that I hope to visit this spring.

TRZ was also in attendance and had most of their G-Body suspension parts on display. Some of these parts were on Chad Hendrick's amazing GN that was on display at the show. This car is a DR car that has a BBC w/NOS and a Holley fuel injection on it. The car is slammed on the ground and weighs in at 2850# WITH DRIVER :eek:

I hope other attendees will share what they saw. It is a bit overwhelming to try and remember everything cool I saw at the show. Some Buick guys that were at the show: Louie Lopez, Mike Booher, Don Cruz, RPE Bobby, John Spina, Tony Gomes, Billy T, Gary Harmon, John Schmidt, Red Armstrong, Ron Joseph and others I'm forgetting

wow, nice to see there 340. wonder how that pump compares to the denso pump?

who is going to test it?

pump

wow, nice to see there 340. wonder how that pump compares to the denso pump?

who is going to test it?

I emailed aeromotive tech trying to locate one. It said 30% more output.

Walbro - 255 lph
Denso - 285 lph
Bosch 144 - 300 lph
Aeromotive 340 - ?

Paging Richard Clark........... Paging Richard Clark...........

:)

(did I hear "E85" in that video....?)

ooooooh i might sell my red armstrong pumps on my homemade double pumper that i havent installed yet if these prove to be the thing to have with e85 ;) Hmm i wonder where we can get them and how much? Whose gonna test them? This may be just what thew buick community needed after all these years!!!!!

Sounds like the pump will handle e85. Wondering how far it can be pushed and can't wait to see how it flows compared to the denso on bosch

My question exactly!! Was there any representation there by Borg Warner? and their new EFR turbo line up?

Yes, Borg Warner was there along with Turbonetics, Tial, and Garrett
To be honest, I personally have never been too impressed with the BW stuff. I visited there display and didn't even grab a catalog. Sorry :redface: I did spend a little more time with Tial, Garret, & Turbonetics. Tial had some real nice turbine housings that I may start carrying if PTE doesn't have the ones I need.

Yes, Borg Warner was there along with Turbonetics, Tial, and Garrett
To be honest, I personally have never been too impressed with the BW stuff. I visited there display and didn't even grab a catalog. Sorry :redface: I did spend a little more time with Tial, Garret, & Turbonetics. Tial had some real nice turbine housings that I may start carrying if PTE doesn't have the ones I need.

I think you might change your mind when all the new EFR line features become common knowledge!!

Perhaps you're right. When I see them outperforming the other brands and winning races, you can bet I will be selling them. My customers aren't brand loyal, they just want the most powerful turbo for their combination.

Sorry :redface: I did spend a little more time with Tial, Garret, & Turbonetics.

Ahhhhhh the truth finally came out,...............No wonder Holly cracked you one in the head :eek: after drooling over the Turbonetics models in the booth.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Attachments

• IMG00120-20101210-1456.jpg
    IMG00120-20101210-1456.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 462
Some Buick guys that were at the show: Louie Lopez, Mike Booher, Don Cruz, RPE Bobby, John Spina, Tony Gomes, Billy T, Gary Harmon, John Schmidt, Red Armstrong, Ron Joseph and others I'm forgetting

After the show on Thursday, we went out to dinner.

Pictured Gary Harmon, John Schimdt, Carl, someone from Spina, Lance. Not pictured: Billy T, Mike Booher, Willie, Don (holding beer bottle).

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Attachments

• IMG00105-20101209-1839.jpg
    IMG00105-20101209-1839.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 462