Best way to remove stripes on impact strips?

Shawn N

The ghost of NRH
So what is the best way to remove the painted white stripes on the bumper impact strips?

Before I installed my new impact strips,I looked for the same info.I read about using compressed air with a shop blow gun,it blasted the white right off.

Go to your favorite car wash and use the high pressure sprayer, it will come right off.

Fingernail pops it right off in big clean chunks (what doesn't fall off on it's own). It's so poorly attached I'd be pissed if I had a car that needed the stripe.

I used a small flat head screw driver and it peeled right off. Then blew the rest out with the air gun on my compressor. Took about 15 min.

Yea the pressure washer does not work at all, at least for mine. I put powdercoated white bumpers on and skipped the $450 cost of new GN style strips. Earl these suckers are really attached to the strips. I think some nail polish remover might weaken it up enough to scrape off.

Odd, the one I had flaked about 1/2 of it off in less than 1000 miles without even touching it.

Lay it down on it's back and pour some brake fluid in the recess. That'll probably take it out.