Best way to clean out fuel injectors

DannyJov

Do Not Buy From Me
I'm getting the feeling that my injectors have taken a slight beating and I just want to know the most effective way of cleaning all the carbon and build up out of them. Now they are or the injector rail which could make it simple but I just want to see what I should because I'm pretty new to grand nationals

run some Marvel Mystery Oil thru the fuel system- a half of one of the quart sized jugs from Wal Mart to a quarter tank of gas will clean the fuel system out and make the car run better... pour it in and drive it like that for a while, then fill the tank completely full and run it down to 1/4 tank and pour the rest in.. it does work, and only costs a few bucks.

run some Marvel Mystery Oil thru the fuel system- a half of one of the quart sized jugs from Wal Mart to a quarter tank of gas will clean the fuel system out and make the car run better... pour it in and drive it like that for a while, then fill the tank completely full and run it down to 1/4 tank and pour the rest in.. it does work, and only costs a few bucks.

Really? :confused: I never heard of that one. I think I'll have to check that stuff out.

Really? :confused: I never heard of that one. I think I'll have to check that stuff out.

it sounds like snake oil, but it does work and has made my cars run better in the past. it's not the same as getting the injectors professionally cleaned, but it is a good cheap routine maintenance item..
it will also clean up carbon deposits on the pistons and valves, too, and you can also dump it in your oil..

Thanks man I'm about to go pick some up from oriellys and see what I can get out of this. It's basically what I was looking for in the sense of cheap and effective. Thanks again

Taking them out and sending them out is the best way to get them cleaned. There are micron screens n the top of injector that will catch crap the rock collector in the tank and the fuel filter cant catch. Im sure Chuck will change them.An ultrasonic bath with the screens out and injectors pulsing really is the best cleaning you can get. I have heard of the Marvel mystery oil before .It may have been on here. I use the Otc cylinder for regular cleaning. I used to send injectors ot to Injector tech in indy.But I will send them to Chuck next time to keep the money in the Buick community

hello boys; MO has been around it seems forever. I believe it does work and it could be part of your routene once or twice a year. I've also heard of people using trans. oil to do the same but more for carbed cars. Besides taking them out there are a bunch of products to do the job but nothing has been around longer than MO.
I stay away from no name gas but there probably all the same.
IBBY

Marvel Mystery oil, mixed w/ 3 in 1 oil is what we use to lube the injs after cleaning/flow testing. Keeps them from getting sticky if left unused for an extended period.
Mystery Oil IS NOT inj cleaner.....;)

hello; MO is suppose to get rid of carbon in the combution area from what I think it does. Will it help? I think so. To clean them for sure you'll have to remove and surface but good gas and some additive should keep em clean. Is there a problem in how the car is running?
IBBY

jlat said:
hello; MO is suppose to get rid of carbon in the combution area from what I think it does. Will it help? I think so. To clean them for sure you'll have to remove and surface but good gas and some additive should keep em clean. Is there a problem in how the car is running?
IBBY

Oh yeah big time. It won't stay running, it has trouble giving gas and accelerating and it Boggs out and misfires often, especially if it's running hot! I just now changed out my fuel pump (pain in the ass I'll tell ya) and I'm about to change the filer so now all I gotta do it somehow clean out the fuel injectors and ill give MO a shot

Oh yeah big time. It won't stay running, it has trouble giving gas and accelerating and it Boggs out and misfires often, especially if it's running hot! I just now changed out my fuel pump (pain in the ass I'll tell ya) and I'm about to change the filer so now all I gotta do it somehow clean out the fuel injectors and ill give MO a shot

Read what Chuck state above. Its not a cleaner

Read what Chuck state above. Its not a cleaner

Haven't seen the OP post up some diagnostic tool readings. So, I'm making the assumption there are none. This is an exercise in try this, try that, and hope it fixes the issue.