Best IC for Alchy car?

FLGN

What would the best intercooler be for a full weight GN, street car with AC. The intent would be to run on Alchy and 93 all the time. Thanks.

Welcome to the board, i see its your first post.

Since you have working AC, i would stick with a stretched stock location intercooler.
There are many of the slic (stock location intercooler) out there, they all do the same job, but some do it better.

I have a used thunderfab stock location, it has 22 rows, stock intercoler is 10 rows.

450.00 and we split shipping from 66212
It has the 2 blue silicone hoses and modified brackets to mount it on the car, also comes with the shrowd and t-clamps
913 888 4899 Bryan

Looking to go 10.50 with one of the newer style BB turbos.

Is the SLIC better for alchy than a front mount, and does the AC not work with the front mount?

I have read good things about the Precision SLIC.

It just depends on how much driving you do in the heat of the summer, in my cars the ac doesnt blow quite as nice as they did when they had stock location intercoolers.

Front mounts work great with AC, it just doesnt blow as cold since there is a huge blockage to the condenser.

In the tta section, there is a guy running 10.3 at 130mph with the stock intercooler on alky with only a duttweiler neck done to the stock IC.

The precision intercooler is a very nice piece, well made and should come with the aftermarket up pipe to make it all work great.

Now the question is, if your going to run say,... 6776 bb turbo, im running the 4 inch inlet and 3 inch outlet.... It will not work with a stock location.
But that turbo is available with the smaller 3" and 2.5 outlet.
Good luck.

BW

Looking to go 10.50 with one of the newer style BB turbos.

Is the SLIC better for alchy than a front mount, and does the AC not work with the front mount?

I have read good things about the Precision SLIC.

Melissa's car ran 9.9 at 138 on a SLIC and pump gas/alky. 60 lb injectors to boot. Lots of alky tho :D