Best Converter for 500 rwhp / 600 rwtq Street Car ???

sakudog

Assuming built transmission from someone like Extreme Automatics Stage II 2004R:

PTE 6266 CEA JB Turbo 36psi
Stock Motor
E85 Setup

Currently the car has a rattle prone and vibration prone Vigilante 2800 stall, didn't seem to provide enough RPM climb with this Turbo.

Where does he work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pm him on here and he Will set u up.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I don't know his username etc, can you provide it?

16 blade PTC 9.5". You need to run tall tires also. Flash stall should be around 4700 and make sure you have plenty of octane.

Bison thanks for the input...

Pure street car here, does that change your recommendation?

Bison thanks for the input...

Pure street car here, does that change your recommendation?

No. There's not much out there that will couple as efficiently as a 9.5" PTC and that's exactly what you need with a stock engines low RPM range

Are you shooting to run well into the 10's? My 9.5 NLU would do the job. I'd just need to know what et goal you have in mind to finalize the stall needs.

16 blade PTC 9.5". You need to run tall tires also. Flash stall should be around 4700 and make sure you have plenty of octane.
How tall of a tire is recommended with a similar combo?

Thanks everyone for your input thus far...

Right now my car is setup as follows:

Stock motor w/valve springs
PTE 6266 CEA (JB)
Racetronix Double Pumper 340s w/#8 feed and #6 return
Power Logger w/AEM WB
Turbo Tweak E85 6.1 Tune
LS6 MAF + MAFT
3" Downpipe
3" ATR Exhaust
Car makes about 500 rwhp 590 rwtq @ 35 psi
The car is street driven on 18" CCWs
The suspension is SC&C ProTouring
The car is street driven, never sees a sticky tire, more of a toy I just enjoy
driving aggressively on the street.

How tall of a tire is recommended with a similar combo?
It depends on the power level. Gear the car to trap the mph you're looking for at 5% slip and 1:1. Id try and keep it between 4700 and 4900 as long as possible and want to be done by 5300.

Brian, how do you figure that out, do you need to have your car dynode...
It's basic computation. Plenty of online calculators that can determine engine rpm @mph based on gearing and converter slip. The op said he has 500hp so I'd be looking for 124-125mph in a full weight car with 5% slip.

The ET goals,? Is there a big difference if goal was like 9.80s and you are still looking for a loose converter....I guess I should see if my car could ever do 9.80s hahaha

The ET goals,? Is there a big difference if goal was like 9.80s and you are still looking for a loose converter....I guess I should see if my car could ever do 9.80s hahaha
It's completely different

With converters, the more torque you apply to it from the engine, the looser it gets. If you have a converter that's ideal for 10.50, it will be to tight when run at an 11.50 power level. It's best to lean towards the looser side and then grow into it. If a car runs 11.00 but the goal is 9.9 then I can spec it for something like a high ten combo which will still take the car very close to the 9's and once the car is close the stall could be fine tuned.