Before Black BS'ing thread.

Ever had a project just be bad luck and bad juju? My Lesabre was. No more B4B for me! I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice and help, I had high hopes for it, and came oh so close, but for some reason this was not meant to be. I am parting out the motor, the body is going to a local Buick guy to possibly be restored (found rust in the inner A-pillars), and moving on...thanks again, good to meet and talk with you all.

Well that's a little different. LOL

For those that didn't catch it, Matt just had a birthday.;)

Thanks Charlie!

ok, quick question, i put a 373 gear in and my spedo is off what do i have to do to fix that? Is their a gear i put in the 200r4?:confused: do i have to take apart the dash and so something? :confused:

The gear in the tailshaft of the trans is all that needs changed usually, easy in-car job.

Possibly. There are 2 gears and if you change 1 it may correct the speedo, but you may have to change the one in the tranny. The other solution is an adapter that goes on the output. It used to be used on trucks in the GM line to correct things.

Does anybody else get frustrated at core charges? At parts stores I can understand, but at salvage yards mostly. If you buy a used trans its not like they are going to rebuild your wore out one, they are going to throw it in the scrap pile. Just a way to get another 20% of the part cost out of you.

Random thought of the day.
Any time I go I negotiate up front on big items I know I'm not bringing a core back. Bring cash, it speaks loudly , that way you can get an out the door price. I've had to walk on stuff but they generally call you back if they see your cash. Nobody wants to miss a big sale. You might have to ask for a manager or someone in charge .

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ever had a project just be bad luck and bad juju? My Lesabre was. No more B4B for me! I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice and help, I had high hopes for it, and came oh so close, but for some reason this was not meant to be. I am parting out the motor, the body is going to a local Buick guy to possibly be restored (found rust in the inner A-pillars), and moving on...thanks again, good to meet and talk with you all.

did she finally beat ya? carb turbo is hard hard hard

Yeah, I should've started with a running car to begin with, and a better machinist! It's pretty much liquidated now, going back to Ford where I belong.

Yeah, it was really neat, and the car had alot of local interest as I went along, but it needed more financial and parts support than I could offer. I went to a 302 Comet 4dr, odd, unique, but easier to build. The good news is, the parts all went to good homes, and the car is going to be returned to driver status by a local Buick fan.

My last piece has arrived.... I'm ready to start building the stage.

Attachments

• 1382739380115.jpg
    1382739380115.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 94
I get a rush just looking at that beastly engine.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I'm going to the moon and Im taking Norbs with me! Ha!

Its mechanical fuel injection Charlie, so just as much pain as a carb just works better with pure meth.

Attachments

• 1382744994820.jpg
    1382744994820.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 85