Before Black BS'ing thread.

It was a learning experience kid. Right now it's not within your scope of abilities but in the future it may be. Once you get older you will be able to look back and start another project and this one will serve to help you do that one.;)

Perfect!

And agreed! Get your life together, finish your education, get a bitchen job, buy a nice house with a shop and then start playing! Most of us have had time, luck, opportunity, and hard work to get to where we are! Charlie's probably got 40 or more years experience and collection time and its still hard for him... I've got 15 and I struggle to make it work sometimes... nothing in the automotive world comes overnight. Patience grass hopper! It will cum!:D

I needed another project and wanted something with 4wd. I now own a 2000 durango with a wore out motor. Yay thanksgiving motor rebuild fest! Im one of those dodge people now. :eek: Didnt want an exploder, bravadas with issues dont exist, dont want a blazer, envoys/trailblazers hold their value surprisingly well. 99+ cherokees with issues are impossible to find.

LS swap durango? Haha!!

Well guys, I sold the car today :< 1100$ is all I could manage to get for it in the time I've got. I guess my Nissan is more important... You guys have been great and will hopefully see the new owner her on the board...

As for me, I think I my going to get a 66 cadillac or a 73 Monte Carlo next, because bricks are expinsive neeeedy cars, but I love em and watched the owner do a burnout in it, and I was actually suprised it did I'd well (sucks I didn't get a vid of it)

All in all take care Yo!

what made you sell it?

So since I have had this Vette I'm rather annoyed that people don't understand its not my fastest car.

I maybe selling it soon...

Sent while waiting for boost to build...

I have a vett.......... ive only driven it a few times. as a matter of fact, its been done and drivable for the last 2 years... have less then 100 miles on it. Its actually been probably a year or more since i changed the oil. there just not much fun to me

Hyacinth I'm trading it off for a 4 door truck with a cummins in it

Sent while waiting for boost to build...

I bought a sonic checker on E-Bay direct from China for $116.00 shipped. It's the blue one, not the yellow and red one. The vendor was Good Luck Sales, probably a division of Rotsa Ruck. I got it and tried it out today. If set on gray cast iron, it reads a Buick block perfectly. I miked the rear intake rail on a block at .320, then used the sonic checker with white lithium grease on the head. It read .320. Then I used it on a 4.1 block I bought that was sonic tested and declared too thin for a high horsepower build. I got the same readings as the machine shop's meter with this cheapo meter. It probably will not last long, but I checked my other two blocks while it still works.

I've looked at them before but never decided whether they were worth it or not. Thanks for the feedback and now when I finally get one I can use it on the blocks I've got laying around. Have you checked the deck thickness with it yet?

I haven't checked the deck. I wonder what the minimum thickness would be? The block in my truck was decked .030 with no problems so far. I'll check a 291 block I have on the stand, and a 484 I have stored tomorrow to see if there is a difference. The 484 block I checked today has much thicker cylinder walls than the two 291's I have.

It depends on what kind of hair. Your are correct, .030 is not much, but it's about 1/2 point of compression. As long as you countersink the bolt holes, there is plenty of thickness. The 291 block measured .471 and the 484 .455 at the thinest part I could get a reading on. The 4.1 block has a lot of solid iron around the bores because of the bore size and the siamese cylinders. I measured right above the middle cylinders and just to the top front of the front cylinders. The deck at the front of the block where the water passage from the head leaves a little corrosion was .721. I can't believe this tester works this well. Most testers are $1200.00 and up. I expect it to last as long as my infrared thermometer from China, not very long. Removing the batteries when stored will help I think. I left the batteries in the thermometer for a year or so, and the circuit board will only work right after the batteries are installed, then the display goes nuts.

I know the Stage blocks are recommended to be .181 or thicker. I wonder how many builds have been done without a sonic check? I never even thought about it until I bought the block that was thought to be too thin at .160 on the thrust side of #1 and #3. The rest of the cylinders are plenty thick. Of course, it was going to be a high horsepower engine bored .035, so the machinest correctly rejected it. Nick Micale has built a ton of 4.1's. I wonder how thin he has run them without failures? I have seen Ford FE's where a guy is happy to have .100 wall thickness.

jeep carnage.jpg

EPIC FAIL OF THE DAY. SHIT.

You bought a YJ? You should know better Aj.o_O

ive had this jeep for years now charlie, remember when i was asking you about some YJ Springs? lol... well after 6 years of hard off roading, that turdy five finally gave up... blew her right the F CK up.... i dragged my ass end for 5 miles... totally trashed the ass of the jeep.