Before Black BS'ing thread.

Anybody have or know of an old turbo laying around? Planning on building a jet with an old turbo with a couple buddies at college. Cheaper the better, dont care about size or price, just that it spins and is kinda intact.

Rather not toast my relatively rare drawthrough stuff.

Ok, I'm just kind of watching from a distance again haha. The Buick is just waiting for more time/cash and the new engine to be finished. But I've been playing and having fun in my newest Corvair. I've never had owned a v8 that would out rev my Honda I4 and has 4 times the power. It's different and very fun but what a sound hearing the induction roar behind your head and shifting at 7500-7800 rpm's

Stock Corvair Transaxle with the right hardened goodies(Pinion shaft, 4 spyder diff) close ratio Saginaw 4 spd 3.55 gear set.

Yes pictures, especially the transaxle. If I remember correctly, you turn the transaxle around and flip the ring gear to get the correct rotation? Has to be fun to drive, like a big go kart. Nice headers too.

This is not the one your thinking of that one is called a Kellmark kit. My Corvair has a Crown conversion which leave the transaxle is the stock location and modifies the trans to bring power in the front with a solid mainshaft and a regular clutch input. Everything turns in the direction it was meant too for both the engine and transaxle. I'm doing it the lazy way with a link and I don't have any close up pics of the transaxle package I put the car up for winter.
http://fairmontstreets.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1713

I remember the crown conversion name, but forgot how it all works. The car really looks nice. I hate to admit how long I have been around, but I put a lot of Corsa's, Spyders, and plain old Corvairs in service when they were new when I worked at a Chevy dealer in new car get ready after high school. I worked on a lot of them in later years when they started needing valve jobs, rebuilds, and blower bearings. Ralph Nader closed the coffin on Corvairs.

Well blah to blah sold Vette won't never own one again... My dang integra was more fun then it...

Been buying guns and neglecting the car since it ain't been washed in a month...

Aj and Charlie y'all been alright?

Sorry guys busy time at the mill for me since I switch to consulting work due to being sick.

Sent while waiting for boost to build...

My firebird developed a dead miss on cyl 1 3 weeks ago. Driving at 75 and started shaking, realized it was missing. Limped it home, checked spark, injectors, fuel pressure, and took valve cover off to see if the valves were opening and everything was good. Cant figure out why its missing.

So Turbo-Olds is back in commission until Durango's motor gets put back together.