Before Black BS'ing thread.

Been at work since 3 this afternoon and look what happens to you knuckle heads.:biggrin: LOL

I know hat Car Craft (If I remember right) did a FWD GM with a blower in the 80's that was kinda cool but I've never seen anthing other than a Riveara with a turbo on it unless it was posted on the board. There's some Fiero's that have been turboed so I'd say check the Fiero boards to see if you can find something on doing it.

Jase, that heater is messed up to say the least man.:eek: Get everything working right and you'll be more than happy with it dude.:biggrin:

lol there's David (Turbokinetic) who has done 3 buick v6 turbos, is working on a turbo Olds 4.3 diesel, had a 2.8L turbo, is planning to do another 2.8L turbo and possibly Iron Duke, all of which are in Buick Centuries and one in an Olds Ciera; his first Buick v6 turbo set up was an LK9 3.0L v6 with the early Riv turbo manifold, which I've posted here...before he swapped it for a 3.8L FWD SFI LG3 roller lifter turbo set up. and then there's an A-body club member who's done a FWD 3300 turbo, another with a 2.8L turbo set up, yet another who has a 4.3L Olds turbo diesel, (seems the A_body.net club has ALOT of turbo'd A-bodies lol) we also have a guy who had an L67 that he later converted to a turbo set up instead of supercharger....currently at the 450-500HP mark and in an Olds Ciera International coupe, he's got the honors of being the fastest/quickest FWD A-body so far.
however, the majority of these are EFI computerized engines..even the LK9 system was converted to use a GM 5.3 truck TBI with the dual injectors; so I'm looking to be different while doing a decent amount of power :D I know, i know, SFI/EFI with intercooler and possibly Stage 2 heads and intake along with 9.0-9.5:1 CR and big arsed turbo engine mated to a 5 speed manual or the 6 speed F40 Saab/GM trans would do the most impressive quarters for an A-car but come on, I dont have thousands to piss away lol; tho monthly payments would work for me XD lol

EDIT: oh and Turbokinetic is NOT selling the early Riv turbo system unfortunately.

EDIT#2
I;m here because you guys are the experts on old Buick v6s (Pre LG3 stuff) whereas the other car club that my car is in, are mainly LG3 or newer advocates, hell I'm one of 3 who likes the Iron Duke in the current car lol.

Alright guys, I was on my way to work this morning at exact 1230 am so it was dark as hell outside. All of a sudden my radio cuts out, then the cigarette lighter quits charging my phone, and the headlights start dimming. A little further down the road I hit the brakes and all the electrical systems seem to die. Luckily i was about two miles from work and going about 1 mph i made it. What the hell is going on, has this ever happened to anyone or am I the unluckiest bastard the world has ever seen!!

Yeah the busted ass regal. I checked the voltage across the battery and its reading 10.5 volts. I guess thats not enough to keep the electrical system going.

10.5 volts is very low but not that low. Take the alternator off and have it bench tested first. Also take the battery with you and make sure it's good. I'm off to work and will check back later tonight. Hope it's a simple fix for ya.

Just tested the alternator its good but its stamped saying its only 35A that cant be right can it. Waitin to see what the deal is on the battery hopefully its just that.

Cool turbo unit. What turbo does it use? Looks pretty big. I take it that it didnt work too good considering I have never seen one of them before. That looks like an awful long way for a wet charge to flow, especially if its 20 degrees out and the engine is cold.

Whats the exhaust inlet look like? Normal T3 flange or something wierd?

the unit is a Rajay EO3 if I remember right, flange is a T4.

what manifold does it use? pretty nifty system though!

uses any standard 4 bbl.

hmm. I wonder has anyone else on here attempted an intercooled/charge cooled Blow Through turbo system for a regal type? I've been seeing such set ups on v8s and race cars in Hot rod magazines lately; so I;m wondering how much more the system would benefit from such a charge cooling system for a blow-through system using say; a set of Stage 2 Heads and Stage 2 4bbl Holley Intake Manifold, with a decent Holley carb.....? that is, if it is possible to fit such things on a stock type block (unless that requires the block to be overbuilt lol)

intercooled blow thru has been done many times on a buick v6... particularly using the GN system. less intake and computer.

there would be no point to using stage 2 heads on a production block. it wont survive, not to mention if you cant afford a reg 3.8 now, you wont afford the valvetrain of the stage 2 heads. they aint cheap at all.

but intercooling is a large player in power development.

THUS............ you have stumbled onto the classic draw thru vs blow thru differences. anybody can make power with an intecooler.... try and make it without.

:biggrin:A.j.

well; if a normal C/T system such as whats on the 80s cars cannot clear the hood of the project car's hood; then it leaves either the early 79 Riviera turbo system with the stock rajay and low port heads; for the C/T system.....OR do a blow through and hope the LK9 block survive lol.

Jase, that heater is messed up to say the least man.:eek: Get everything working right and you'll be more than happy with it dude.:biggrin:

What?... you don`t like my heater?:biggrin: Its the best I could come up with... winter is coming faster than usual:(

Matt; Yeah, I got it... thanks!:D

its in the 80s up here :D

AJ; I dont suppose you have an early 79 Riv turbo manifold with heads? >.> lol.

nope.... i trash most low port stuff.

so lemme get this right.... why dont you just relocated the turbo else where and make a new transfer tube? that way you can use a stock intake or a better one, and plumb the turbo where you want.

A.j.

hmm. lol. how would it work if i were to use a C/T thing with the foot thing!? lol. the best area for the turbo so far is above the transmission bellhousing, behind the engine, and next to the brake booster system in the A-car...positioned so that the exhaust side is on the firewall side and the compressor side is facing the front... this would enable me to use an intercooler and use a 4bbl carb intake for a blow through though...but for a draw through, I'm not sure how would the wet charge flow up and into the stock C/T intake if its as bad as you guys seem to say it is in terms of flow lol.

hmm. lol. how would it work if i were to use a C/T thing with the foot thing!? lol. the best area for the turbo so far is above the transmission bellhousing, behind the engine, and next to the brake booster system in the A-car...positioned so that the exhaust side is on the firewall side and the compressor side is facing the front... this would enable me to use an intercooler and use a 4bbl carb intake for a blow through though...but for a draw through, I'm not sure how would the wet charge flow up and into the stock C/T intake if its as bad as you guys seem to say it is in terms of flow lol.

again.... ditch the stock turbo. use a stock 86/87 unit.

as for draw thru, i dont reccomend the turbo being the lowpoint, as it will puddle and erosion will occur. so i dunno what to suggest there... other than i think you have already decided for yourself the blow thru is your answer.

i have been there....... at what point is trying to fit the square peg in the round hole not worth it?

lol

A.j.

damn i wish you guys were closer.......... its a blazer kinda evening...

no cars...

no women....

no bills....

no drama........

pack of white owls, fresh glass, some rollies and my Roy Ayers record.

gonna be one dead Oz'er

TONIGHT>>>>>>>>> Liquid Love.

:cool:A.j.

I don't suppose the shop you're in has a machine shop with opening for workers? ;) lol
the shop could use another mad scientist XD

yeah I've determined that B/T is the best compromise for now, until i decide to say "fk it" and cut holes in hoods >.>

I am determined to make thing function as it should. Ive worked to hard and spent too much money on it to just let it sit there. Found out the damn battery died, how I dont know but I will get it to work.