Before Black BS'ing thread.

87 headers too. Nice! So what setup are you going with? Supercharger would be awesome, but so would the turbo. What bottom end are you running under that anyways?

i am setting the truck up to accept both systems. so it will depend on my mood.

bottom end is a std turbo crank, worked 2 dot rods, lightened TRWs, engle custom grind, O-ring 8445s, dry sump, gear drive.

:biggrin:A.j.

I need to design, manufacture and sell a super low profile distributor for us. I can see already A.j. would buy one and I most definitely need one. I have to remove one of the sprung clamps and mount then chamfer the edge on all the Dizzy caps I use to get them to work with my combo now. Yes I have to run three of four clamps on my caps.

I need to design, manufacture and sell a super low profile distributor for us. I can see already A.j. would buy one and I most definitely need one. I have to remove one of the sprung clamps and mount then chamfer the edge on all the Dizzy caps I use to get them to work with my combo now. Yes I have to run three of four clamps on my caps.

well the problem is not the height of the dizzy at all.

its the bracket.

what we need designed is a compact bracket system to route all of the acessorys.

A.j.

well the problem is not the height of the dizzy at all.

its the bracket.

what we need designed is a compact bracket system to route all of the acessorys.

A.j.

Hard to tell without a cap with my red eyes but Looks CLOSE with the blower installed.
CAMODEAFIE: For me the GIANT HEI cap is so big it's all up against the front on my Weiand SY Intake, not to mention it's kinda in the way of my turbocharger inlet.
And older dizzy with an external coil will gain me some space with the smaller cap, but I still want one 4 inches lower.

I see.I'm guessing the Delco-Remy units used on the 84 and 85 FWD MPFI engines are about the same height as the HEI? couldn't one machine a Distributor shaft that's shorter?

Not buick related but I finally found a good winter beater after searching craigslist all summer. 88 Cherokee limited, nice shape with not a hole lot of rust, but the rear quarter is dented pretty bad and it needs a new tailgate, but I got a good deal on it so im not complaining.

picture1082.jpg

picture1084.jpg

picture1086.jpg

is it me or did the Big 3 in the 80s decided that square and blocks were styling choices of the decade in terms of interiors? I've NOT seen one where the interior had curves.....only straight edges and 90 degree angles outside of the gauges lol.
still; nice score tho! whats the engine?

Not buick related but I finally found a good winter beater after searching craigslist all summer. 88 Cherokee limited, nice shape with not a hole lot of rust, but the rear quarter is dented pretty bad and it needs a new tailgate, but I got a good deal on it so im not complaining.

picture1082.jpg

picture1084.jpg

picture1086.jpg

nice find. all you need is to cut the old quarter and replace it. but nice find.

Its got the 4.0. Looks like a future turbo project! Typhoon clone? Maybe call it a dust devil? :D

Guy that owned it was a real stickler for maintanence. Its got fairly new tires, new posi, new water pump, new alt, new front end U joints, could keep going on. It is a nice vehicle really. Should make an awesome winter beater. Got some rust, but its a MN car so its going to happen.

Looked at it a bit, and the rear wheelwell is pushed in, along with the the rear pillar being pushed in, but it should all pop back out when the quarter gets cut out. If I really need to I can add some heat and pull to straighten everything out.

Now, back to buicks. :)

I had adjusted my windows and now I can go 60 down the road and not have howling from the weatherstripping. Now my problem is I can hear my lifter clackin away cruising at 60. Wonder how my cam is going to look when I finally pull it out.

Looks like Im going to go for a 204/214 I think. Along with intake porting, getting the heads shaved down to bump my compression up to where it should be. Im running fel pro HG's that Im guessing are 1000's but cant remember. Get some comp 980's, and port the heads too. Nice. Hopefully that TH350 that I havnt put I dime into other than a filter and fluid holds up.

OMFG Aj:eek: You`ve been holding out on us:biggrin:

No, he's been holding out on you guys.:biggrin: We keep in fairly regular contact but he doesn't send a lot of pics so I can see what he's done.

There already is a simple low profile distributor for our cars Adam, and you can use an external coil with it as well:biggrin: The 75-75 Vega used and external HEI coil and the 75-76 Chevy trucks with an inline 6 had a cap that had 7 tits on it to run an external coil. I used to use them in my road car and stopped blowing coils and modules after I did.:biggrin:

where the hell do you get all of these..... things... these mechanical spherical monsters from.... where:confused:

I have been collecting intake manifolds since I was a kid.

nuthing is more impressive looking then a huge freaked out intake manifold.

My dream someday would be to open up a vintage Intake manifold Museum!

A.j.

I have been collecting intake manifolds since I was a kid.

nuthing is more impressive looking then a huge freaked out intake manifold.

My dream someday would be to open up a vintage Intake manifold Museum!

A.j.

hey whens a good time to hit you up for some parts??? I need an intake manifold, maybe some headers, and pistons/rods.