Before Black BS'ing thread.

Thanks for inviting me over would have been nice to see what was going on.

Sorry.... it was one of those latge night spur of the moment deals. This weekend though.

Details please Aj.:smile:

Dropped the engine back in the truck, re mocked the new motor mounts....

engine is 3 inches further back and 3 inches lower in the chassis.... super tough and slammed looking.

should be a handling son-of-a-bitch.

A.j.

Sorry.... it was one of those latge night spur of the moment deals. This weekend though.

engine is 3 inches further back and 3 inches lower in the chassis.... super tough and slammed looking.

A.j.

I would love to see how that truck is sitting now!

A.j.

YOu've got to get a real camera and take some pics Aj. I really want to see how it's coming along now.:biggrin:

I would love to see how that truck is sitting now!

the truck itself didnt change really in position, I had the shocks adjusted loosly so that i could have it sit at full compression, so I could check for any suspension or turning issues. nope... perfect suspension movement.

the engine though, sits much better in the chassis.... way better than the old mounts... lets put it this way, I can fit the blower under the hood now.

A.j.

the truck itself didnt change really in position, I had the shocks adjusted loosly so that i could have it sit at full compression, so I could check for any suspension or turning issues. nope... perfect suspension movement.

the engine though, sits much better in the chassis.... way better than the old mounts... lets put it this way, I can fit the blower under the hood now.

A.j.

I can get a camera your way for about 80 bucks. Good shape and pixels.

A.j.

Thats awesome!!! I gotta stop by and check it out. I will let you borrow my camera so you can show everyone else on here if you want.

Take some pics and send them to me. Aj hates posting pics of his stuff, believe me. Been trying to get him to post some for a long time.

Hey I talked to that guy about that motor. Its a 87 t-type block with pistons, and heads. Hes a more mature driver from what I could hear talking to him on the phone. He basically bought the car in 1988 and didnt drive it much afterwards. He bought a 4.1 and is selling his 87 Block. Im going to look at it tomorrow hopefully.

Also how do you mount a distributor on an sfi engine? several people have wondered how you would do that?

Also how do you mount a distributor on an sfi engine? several people have wondered how you would do that?

I don't think you could, unless the timing covers are the same between the two blocks. I can't remember if there's anything different between Coil ignition blocks and distributor blocks other than that one may or may not have hyd roller lifters and the distributor blocks definitely didnt. you COULD use a 1984-1985 FWD distributor MPFI block, but its for a metric FWD pattern, which is not the same as the 200R, which is the older BOP pattern, right? so you'd likely need the S10/Camaro v6 trans bellhousing if they're available. a bit much more work than usual lol...

The SFI distributor should bolt right on.

I was on this turbo forum site awhile back and found this:eek:...
2174215020100836338s600.jpg

2948066830100836338s600.jpg

so there are more of us out there, but just on the wrong site:rolleyes:

The SFI distributor should bolt right on.

I was on this turbo forum site awhile back and found this:eek:...
2174215020100836338s600.jpg

2948066830100836338s600.jpg

so there are more of us out there, but just on the wrong site:rolleyes:

i was looking at the book super tuning and modifying holley carbs by dave emanuel it has a section on how to make a blow thru carb. it doesnt look hard at all to do.according to the book if you seal the whole carb in a box and pressurize the whole carb all you have to do is change the floats and do some little things.( it doesnt give you the most horsepower as a bonnet does but you can have a blow thru carb cheaper) it also has the direction how to convert it over if you are just going to pressurize the top of the carb. if you want send me a pm with your address and i can copy the pages and send them to you.

i was looking at the book super tuning and modifying holley carbs by dave emanuel it has a section on how to make a blow thru carb. it doesnt look hard at all to do.according to the book if you seal the whole carb in a box and pressurize the whole carb all you have to do is change the floats and do some little things.( it doesnt give you the most horsepower as a bonnet does but you can have a blow thru carb cheaper) it also has the direction how to convert it over if you are just going to pressurize the top of the carb. if you want send me a pm with your address and i can copy the pages and send them to you.

Cool... I`ll PM you:biggrin:

lol:biggrin: I wish that guy was on here... I PM`ed him, but he never responded:(

I sent a PM and email to the owner as well. Safe to say the guy does not frequent the site:(
We started our projects at the same time..... I'd still like to see the end result of his combo.

I'm going to sell my black Blow-thru 600 Holley I built a while back, I need the cash to help with the turbocharger upgrade and don't need the carb. I'll give everyone one here a heads up about it first before I go selling it locally.

Hey I talked to that guy about that motor. Its a 87 t-type block with pistons, and heads. Hes a more mature driver from what I could hear talking to him on the phone. He basically bought the car in 1988 and didnt drive it much afterwards. He bought a 4.1 and is selling his 87 Block. Im going to look at it tomorrow hopefully.

Good news for a change. The later design should work well in your car if everything is ok.

Norbs out of Canada has installed an HEI on an SFI intercooled engine and it seems to work well. Do a member search for Norbs and ask him a few questins. Pretty cool guy and is friends with Jamacanpaul, my but I've been working with on an NA motor.:biggrin:

I will definitely do that. Now lets just see if i can catch him while he is at home.

Just don't piss him off. I know he's your cousin and I don't want to post the pics, but I'd like to get at least 1 decent pic of the insanity he's planning.:biggrin: