Before Black BS'ing thread.

ok budget wise; I'm more likely to convert a FWD buick engined car to a turbo or NA build it....lol. Charlie, where can i find the Buick Performance book thing? haven't gone to the yards to measure clearances between Buick 3.0 v6's intake manifold and the hood in the A-car, since I am wondering if there is a way to do a C/T or Draw Through set up in the FWD car....I know the early 79 Riviera Draw THrough manifold works, but its got the low port heads? what are the flow differences between tall ports and low ports heads?

awesome! didnt think to look on ebay durrr! lol.

the manifold i refer to, is the one in the old thread "ID this manifold please" a few pages a while back...AJ has indicated that one has a low port head....whereas you just indicated that 79+ have tall ports...would have to REALLY look lol....anyways, what is the height of the normal Regal/other Turbo buick C/T manifolds with stock turbo and Q jet or Dual Jet all attached? if the manifold bottom is flat (no EGR stuff)...or just from the flange to the top most part...I'm rather curious if there would be room in the FWD A-car for that....since its on a FWD trans, which might raise the engine higher than normally seen...

Whats up... Whats up... Whats up errrbody:p:p, feelin good, gonna get the car worked on (stock engine rebuild) and a truck. I Get to see my family Hopefully in Louisiana this xmas, so some of you may have to pop in for a visit if your close, gonna see if this girl wants to kick it with me, and well, what else could I ask for...:D

and well, what else could I ask for...:D
time or money to work on your car man! or actually BUY a damn engine damn kids lol

me; saving up for a certain LK9 3.0 equipped FWD 1982 Ciera so i can either build a NA hi compression engine, OR turn the 3.0 into a turbocharged beastie, if the turbo system will clear the hood (really would like to not have to cut a hole in the hood and put up a grumpy looking scoop)

time or money to work on your car man! or actually BUY a damn engine damn kids lol

me; saving up for a certain LK9 3.0 equipped FWD 1982 Ciera so i can either build a NA hi compression engine, OR turn the 3.0 into a turbocharged beastie, if the turbo system will clear the hood (really would like to not have to cut a hole in the hood and put up a grumpy looking scoop)

why dont you get a rwd buick, might be a bit easier to work on. do you know how hard it is to change a water pump on an engine like that???

not as hard as changing the cam with the engine in XD. I've worked on these kinds of cars before, and lemme tell ya, it is nowhere as much of a pain in the ass as the wedge camaros of 1993-2000ish :D the timing cover, water pump, etc are fairly easy to remove from an A-car, the power steering pump, depending on which engine, are either easy as Paris Hilton in a hotel room (>.>) or as hard as getting a nun to open her legs <.< lol. (the Olds 4.3 diesels are the worst lol)

not as hard as changing the cam with the engine in XD. I've worked on these kinds of cars before, and lemme tell ya, it is nowhere as much of a pain in the ass as the wedge camaros of 1993-2000ish :D the timing cover, water pump, etc are fairly easy to remove from an A-car, the power steering pump, depending on which engine, are either easy as Paris Hilton in a hotel room (>.>) or as hard as getting a nun to open her legs <.< lol. (the Olds 4.3 diesels are the worst lol)

you know what i just watched smoking aces 2, and that nun was going to open up:eek::eek::biggrin:

lol; I am reminded of the Clive Owen movie, Shoot Em Up or something lol. ok a better parody here, as hard as getting Obama to be honest. :D

I mean really. If i can change timing set on a 3300 equipped Buick Century, I can change the timing set on a 3.0 equipped Olds Ciera (same chassis), hell it might even be easier due to the V belts instead of the Serp and stuff!
and since my DD is the same as the 82 Olds Ciera coupe, just with a pontiac 4 cylinder instead, I've a wealth of info and parts sources for it :D I want to confuse people as to what engine is in it lol.

lol; I am reminded of the Clive Owen movie, Shoot Em Up or something lol. ok a better parody here, as hard as getting Obama to be honest. :D

I mean really. If i can change timing set on a 3300 equipped Buick Century, I can change the timing set on a 3.0 equipped Olds Ciera (same chassis), hell it might even be easier due to the V belts instead of the Serp and stuff!
and since my DD is the same as the 82 Olds Ciera coupe, just with a pontiac 4 cylinder instead, I've a wealth of info and parts sources for it :D I want to confuse people as to what engine is in it lol.

youtube some buick fwd turbo engines and see what you can find.

awesome! didnt think to look on ebay durrr! lol.

the manifold i refer to, is the one in the old thread "ID this manifold please" a few pages a while back...AJ has indicated that one has a low port head....whereas you just indicated that 79+ have tall ports...would have to REALLY look lol....anyways, what is the height of the normal Regal/other Turbo buick C/T manifolds with stock turbo and Q jet or Dual Jet all attached? if the manifold bottom is flat (no EGR stuff)...or just from the flange to the top most part...I'm rather curious if there would be room in the FWD A-car for that....since its on a FWD trans, which might raise the engine higher than normally seen...

If it's flat on the bottom look at the EGR ports. How many does it have?

Whats up... Whats up... Whats up errrbody:p:p, feelin good, gonna get the car worked on (stock engine rebuild) and a truck. I Get to see my family Hopefully in Louisiana this xmas, so some of you may have to pop in for a visit if your close, gonna see if this girl wants to kick it with me, and well, what else could I ask for...:D

Good to hear it kid. Like the new pic in the sig. LOL:biggrin:

youtube some buick fwd turbo engines and see what you can find.

I know of 2 people actively installing turbos with buick engines that are NOT the typical L36 or L67 projects ;)
(Turbokinetic is one; another club member is another, he did a 3.3L turbo set up on his buick century) and so far only the A-cars are being subjected.....the rest are usually L67'd or some such. (even then, there are 3, maybe 4 A-bodies with L67s lol)
and i think Turbokinetic has a bunch of videos of his 1984 Olympic edition Buick Century with the LG3 roller cammed turbocharged and intercooled engine..he used a Garret turbo in it, and it produced something like 350+ WHP on a chassis dyno.....pretty damn powerful...it formerly had a 3.0 v6 with a very early riviera turbo manifold, the kind that mounted the RayJay turbo above the trans, behind the heads, unlike the footed design used in later C/Ts...that engine retired because of the nylon gear being torn...lol. he also built another LG3 turbo set up, the "cheap SFI turbo build" on a $400 car, and put n around $800 of work and parts on that...so far it sounds like its going very good and reliable...considering he did all the work himself. he's the inspiration for me to do a C/T 3.0 or high compression 3.8 build for the 82 olds lol. if Archiev8 could make a 350 SBC fit another 84 Olds station wagon FWD (the ciera again) with his adapter and such, then there's no reason that turbo'ing the buick engine in these cars is hard...the hard part is going to be finding all the parts and fab time to do the fabrication...esp with the downpipe lol.