Before Black BS'ing thread.

Had BFG traction TA's all around. Wierd thing is I bought the fronts on closeout for 70 a piece and they lasted maybe 20K. Rears arent even listed in BFG's catalog, neither the size or the fact that they are V speed rated. Got them locally off craigslist brand new, never installed. I woulda bought those in a 235 again but they dont exist.

New rears are cooper cobras. Came of Ebay during a sale for like $105 each with free shipping.

I wish SOMEBODY made a decent 235 to 275 directional somewhat all season 15" tire. If you want BFG radial TA's, sure, but I hate radial TA's with a passion. I really liked the traction TA I had, but they never listed anything above a 215.

I almost bought a set of off brand directional SUV 255/60/15's but I only have 7" wheels and Im glad I didnt since the 235's barely clear my frame since the wheels I have are such large backspace. I have more space behind the tire with my DR's on 8.5" AR vectors. BTW, I love vectors. If I found a 15X4 vector I would totally buy it.

But, that being said, if I had $2000 to waste, Id get a set of black 17" Weld RTS's. Best looking new wheel out there.

Everyone has them and I really dont like the tread pattern on them. Its not 1978 anymore. (It sounds a bit hypocritical since the car is from that time but tires is one area where I allow modern adaptions too.

Nice block. Looks like maybe a 4" bore? Stroker crank? Are you going turbo or belt driven blower?

4 inch bore indeed, stock stroke on Carrillo rods and venola slugs. I'm going with a belt drive 6-71 jimmy and stage 2 heads

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Venolia has always made good pistons for blown motors. The stock stroke is probably a good idea since I assume you will need a lot of lift on the cam. The stroker crank does not allow much rod to cam lobe clearance if using H beam rods. I guess a stroker can be done with a small base circle on the cam, but then there are issues with cam flex with high spring pressures. How tight do you think you will need to spin it to get to your HP goal?

That's dangerous how well you read my mind....

I wish you lived closer!

Were planning on using a mushroom type lifter and have been playing with different lobe profiles from various engine brands, this will give me that lift yet remain super light. Were figuring around 9500 rpm with a super tight blower should squeak the number by yet be reliable on the street with a loose lung on top.

Rev kit may be needed! Maybe not. Solid mushroom lifters are light and work well on aggressive lobes. Nascar engines use them and they turn 9500 on short tracks.

I just looked up my car thread and the turbo thread just out of curiosity. The car thread has over 20K views and the turbo thread has over 19K views now.o_O The sticky version of the turbo thread over at Gnttype has over 4 K views. Kind of a surprise to see so many views of Just 3 threads. Even the 4.1 intake mods now has over 4K views.:cool:

have you seen the distrubing amount of views just us talking complete nonsense has gotten? 70K +.... rediculous. And there arent any nekkie chicks here!

Did you guys ever read the J polzin thread? It's got over 1 million views and it makes this one seem very tame.:eek: There's also the 1930's garage over at GJ. It's almost at 2.5 million views and there's a bunch of tech as well as some really heart warming posts. It's kinda neat to see this type of thing happen.:cool:

I got bored... started playing dress up.....

Attachments

• 1374182237394.jpg
    1374182237394.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 66
You need a hobby. Ever try needlepoint? You are giving me goose bumps. Hurry and build it.