Before Black BS'ing thread.

yea Charlie's "lift bars" work awesome, but im not sure if they would work on a 4 link system as well as it does on leaf springs.
In Adams case he'd need the IC relocation kit from Baseline suspension. That's what Donnie finally did and it made his launches perfect. As Donnie put it after he installed the kit, it was so consistent it was boring.:D Dropped his 60' by a .1 if I remember right.;)

Something ive had bouncing in my mind for a while, drew it up real fast. End up using a normal non foot housing, cut off the hose 'barb' portion and weld a V band to it. Build a sharp yet large elbow and drop it onto a carb intake. Should drop it 1" or so from the stock style setup so if its ran on a carb intake it MIGHT fit under my 2" cowl. Hmmmmm.

Dats da plan! If I could get a wieand intake and a decent Te43 or something built Id love to try it once I get my fireturd running again.

That's basicly where I'm at now..... however I have found that the distribution problems the sfi intakes have begin to appear in the weiand...... hood height be damned.... it has to be a straight shot.

Current data

That makes sense. I know on big HP LS's in 4th gen F bodies with the cowl you have to run a real tight elbow to use a carb intake, problem is the air distribution sucks on it, and that is just air, not a fuel mixture. I imagine the problem multiplies when you add fuel into the mixture. I also know fuel doesnt like to flow up hill at all so the elbow has to become even more sharp than what I probably drew it as.

Im really split on what I want to do.

#1-keep it stock
#2-Do a Te/a43 and an elbow like that with a Weiand
#3-Buy a Megasquirt EFI, weld injector bungs in a Weiand, build an elbow, run a throttle body, and convert it to an intercooled EFI setup but still run a distributor and a carb intake. Just because if im taking the time to do blowthrough it would be nice to go to EFI since a megasquirt box and injectors cost about as much as building a GOOD BT carb that actually works for daily use.

Hey guys don't forget Matts E.T. with a turbo upgrade and some serious porting and a little nitrous he flat ass flew on a show car perfect street car just think when he dials in .Don't think it will get any slower as he perfects it if I could pull that ET with my4.1 and nitrous Id be whistling Dixie out my ass for a month it can be done with factory intake its just harder maybe we should think more like Matt

ResizedImage_1371667180847.jpg

BEEFY!

Thats the thing, it wont be my daily driver. Its not going to happen until I find something to drive in the winter that is semi-reliable.