Before Black BS'ing thread.

... I do have 1 of the cast iron ones that's supposed work if you're interested.;)

The cast ones are angled to the side and are universal, but in my case it didn't work. The OEM turbo ones go straight up like Charlie fabbed and won't obstruct any of the parts in that area. I ran into fitment issues with the angled ones I bought so I had to repair mine which is OEM and came with my 4.1 intake. It too is angled but it cleared the areas I was trying to negotiate.

The cast ones are angled to the side and are universal, but in my case it didn't work. The OEM turbo ones go straight up like Charlie fabbed and won't obstruct any of the parts in that area. I ran into fitment issues with the angled ones I bought so I had to repair mine which is OEM and came with my 4.1 intake. It too is angled but it cleared the areas I was trying to negotiate.

i have the cast iron angled one. i need the one that is straight or else i cannot turn the distributor all the way. i will post pics of what i have already. i would have done it now, but someone left my camera on, so who knows if i'ts going to be broken now.

i have the cast iron angled one. i need the one that is straight or else i cannot turn the distributor all the way. i will post pics of what i have already. i would have done it now, but someone left my camera on, so who knows if i'ts going to be broken now.

I found the t stat housing, but its got a little pitting. You can have it and the filter housing. Ill box them up and pm you.

my hopes is that the 83 thermostat housing will allow me to turn the distributor. the cast iron angled one hits the distributor on my setup now.

Attachments

• DSCF4015.JPG
    DSCF4015.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 62
Well I'll have to step it up with some more power lol. Racing at the Flashlight drags and having a good time stomping a lot of machines but now any cars with 600+whp are pulling on me in the eighth mile. Only cars I lost too this time was my friends 514 Caddy powered '85 Olds Cutlass 442 (610whp) and a 10sec wheelstanding '55 VW Beetle with a GTI swap. I have a video of the Caddy powred Olds racing me, I will post that later.

your doing good so far.... what can we expect for a car that really is more street then race....... i think its perfect!

if anything, where are you getting hurt the most? off the line or at the top?

I didnt mind loosing to those machines they are worthy. And that Bug is soo quick and light. Your right about my machine being a street car and not an all out racer.
That Olds is the only car that could hang with me from the start save for the Beetle. These cars are pulling away from me up top, need more hp lol. I could put 2 car lengths on everyone else from the start though and they could not make it back up.

I'm running a 28/10.5/15 slick and Im dead hooking on the airfield. I can leave with more rpm/boost, I launch it with 8psi @ 3500revs. Ok the muffler is coming off thats a start. I sprayed the 100 shot once with a violent result and didnt use it anymore.

its either that or she goes under the knife and you start swiss cheesing the crap out of the body to lighten her up..... or lock up converter....

OR.... old school trick.... i dont know if i would try it on the buick.... pull off your belts. make a pass. re attach belts.

this all depends on how crazy you want to get... a trick i know charlie knows... its a circle track thing... oil bath bearings for your front rotors. uses motor oil instead of grease. or using motor oil in your rear axle....

Well no locking of the converter is going to work lol it's a 10"PTC s stall nonlockup that slips a lot out back, so a 9.5PTC will be ordered later on. I'm not ditching belts yet I like the water pump to function. Honestly the new engine that I'm building will take this car further but it won't be done for another year yet, so I'll just upgrade the turbo again and valve springs on the stock block. A trip to the racetrack is next to see where I stand.

sounds like a good plan... maybe get somebody to do a close up video of the car at launch with a fe white strips on the tire so we can see where were at

Scale the car and plot the suspension so you know where the IC, CG and MC are. I'd bet it needs some help Adam. Even if you just correct the IC on the chassis that would help get you off the line faster.;)

It took me a while to get Donnie Wang to do it and Aj has the traction bars on his truck that let his truck hook really well.:D

yea Charlie's "lift bars" work awesome, but im not sure if they would work on a 4 link system as well as it does on leaf springs.