Bear or Aerospace?...

Will the baer track system with 2 piston calipers, 13" rotors clear the 16" GTA wheels?

I got my Baer from Jack & he was great to deal with. Baer is the way to go.

Hey Rich,

No the track will not fit the GTA/GNX type wheel. We have a Sport (same as Track, but a 12" rotor instead) that we would use for the GNX wheel.

Since introducing the SS4+, 4 piston on an 11" 2pc rotor we don't sell many Sport systems anymore. I would go with the SS4+!

Roger, glad to hear!! :)

Thx!

Rick, is there any way to get the Turbo6 symbol or any possible customization to the calipers, like 'BUICK'?

In my opinion there is no competiton to the 4/6 piston calipers. Only Brembos and Stoptechs can even come close. The calipers look amazing and the fact that most sytems are bolt ons is incredible. Try doing that with Brembos.

Hey Rich,

No the track will not fit the GTA/GNX type wheel. We have a Sport (same as Track, but a 12" rotor instead) that we would use for the GNX wheel.

Since introducing the SS4+, 4 piston on an 11" 2pc rotor we don't sell many Sport systems anymore. I would go with the SS4+!

Roger, glad to hear!! :)

Thx!

Rick, I'm gonna ask you to stop advertising your products. You are not a vendor and are doing something Shane has said no to. No offense here but the last guy that kept doing it was banned. That was powerbrake Bob and he was warned more than once. Thanks.:smile:

Rick, I'm gonna ask you to stop advertising your products. You are not a vendor and are doing something Shane has said no to.
........:smile:

No problem Charlie, both Scott W. and myself are distributors for Baer Brakes, so we can answer any questions that come up, which Rick was actually doing in his posts. :)

Charlie,

No problem, I totally understand.

Not trying to step on any toes! :)

Thx!

No problem Charlie, both Scott W. and myself are distributors for Baer Brakes, so we can answer any questions that come up, which Rick was actually doing in his posts. :)

Good deal Nick.:) Just trying to make sure that the vendors get the idea that the board isn't free for all advertising. Rick has been an asset but I just want to make sure he doesn't end up like Bob. He knew a great deal but his BS got him banned.

I can take some pics of the Baer kits with the smaller calipers and rotors for the drag cars this weekend for you Claude. I am very pleased with the product. The calipers are built using the same seals and piston tech as the road race stuff.

Here are the dual caliper rears but the front calipers for the drag kits are the same. They look awesome.

Dusty, what kind of wheels are these in your picture? (They look great!) :wink:

Claude. :smile:

Whoa Toofast, you revived this a year later and you're still looking.

So Nick, what does a Baer front 4 Piston Street kit run that will fit our 15" rims?

I like the dual rear calipers that the Baer can accomplish, Dusty did you add an adjustable proportioning valve to redirect more pressure % to the rears?

I did an Aerospace install write up thread in here a LONG time ago, I think the board had some issue years ago and a ton of stuff got deleted so it might be gone now. :(
But you're not going to be able to swap back the stock kit when you're done with either of these brake setups. You literally sawzall off part of the spindle so you better be sure you want to do it. :wink:

I just ordered the Pro+ 13" w/6 piston calipers for the front of my car 'll post pics as soon as I get them. Saving up for the Pro+ for the rear now:)

But you're not going to be able to swap back the stock kit when you're done with either of these brake setups. You literally sawzall off part of the spindle so you better be sure you want to do it. :wink:
Sure you can! I'm not positive on the other BAER kits but I know the Track4 kit comes from BAER already mounted on a Drop OR OEM spindle (your choice) so when you remove your stock brakes you will not be using your old stock spindle that can be put back on if need be. ;)

Scot W.

I like the dual rear calipers that the Baer can accomplish, Dusty did you add an adjustable proportioning valve to redirect more pressure % to the rears?

I do have a prop valve but I have it on the rears and it's wide open. I use the large bore cylinder from Strange and everything works great.

It's a Bogart wheel with beadlocks from Sheppard race cars.

They're the "Bogart RT" model right?...Also, I didn't know you could add a bead lock to a "standard" style wheel!
I have some Billet Specialties "Street Lites" on my GN right now and I'm very tempted to go with a similar dual caliper setup like you have, + notching the frame, but I'm unsure if I should go with 12" wide wheels (how much rear spacing? :confused:), or if the 10"s I have now will be enough to mount some 325-50-15 tires?

Thanks,

Claude. :wink:

Oh snap let me threw this divorce and I will be buying a two caliper setup, but will it work with the detroit speed suspension parts? I plan on buying that to and doing this all at once.

I will be doing a complete BAER Track4 build up on the front and rear of my car here shortly so watch for the thread. I plan to post step by step procedures along with pictures and a detailed write up.

The difference between the BAER kits and Aerospace is that the Aerospace kits are more geared towards the drag racing while BAER is more geared towards Autocross / Road course racing and can withstand some very high temps, not sure about the aerospace...

BAER has recently stepped towards the drag racing side of things and i'm sure their kit will work very well in that application. Dusty knows as he recently went with a BAER kit for his drag car.

Anyone interested in a BAER kit let me know, we are an authorized dealer for them and will give a discount to TB.com members.

Scot W.

Here is what I'm going with! BAER Track4 vs Stock g-body brakes

Wouldn't mind talking with you Scott as this is very high on my modifications list. Getting some prices and what not.

Clayton