Basic Bolt Ons (stockish) Mods List!!

Turbo Tweak chips are very close. No need for a "dyno tune". You enter in all the info when you order it.

Also would anyone recommend getting it dyno tuned/ know a place/person on or near Long Island, NY? Or would i be ok just slapping everything in with Cotton's TT Street 1 chip. Im not the kind of guy to mess around with configuration using a logger and a laptop.
Really ? you bought the wrong car...

Really ? you bought the wrong car...
Like i said, not looking for a race car, just a quick driver. Don't see why that requires messing around with a logger and a laptop. If i wanted to go low 11's i would say sure need a logger and a tuning program. But getting low 13's on stock MAF with basic mods and TT v5.7 chip? Don't see why i bought the wrong car...thanks for your valuable input tho

I would be ok with low 13s. Again not looking for a race car, just looking to wake the car up to what today's standard of quick is.

A bone stock GN with no issues will run 13.8s. As already mentioned visit http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/ . On that site in one of the first lines is a link to GN T Type.org and you should visit that one as well. Read Read and READ. I agree and disagree with several points made thus far. Do yourself some HUGE FAVORS and learn as much as you can before you pull the trigger on anything. I'll add that it would be a very convenient and sound decision to skip the fuel rail pressure gauge and use an electric pressure gauge that you can mount in your car preferably next to your boost gauge. The electric fuel pressure gauges are a bit more expensive but they allow you to verify that boost and fuel pressure rise pound for pound and allows you see your fuel pump dying BEFORE you get stranded somewhere wondering WTF happened.

Who is Nick? Which user? Haha

Nick Micale. He is the forum member who posted the pics of the modified Inter-cooler.

These cars do not need a bunch of parts thrown at them to be quick. Do yourself a favor... Research & read. Listen to what the "Ole Timers" have to say & learn how the car works.

Nick Micale. He is the forum member who posted the pics of the modified Inter-cooler.

These cars do not need a bunch of parts thrown at them to be quick. Do yourself a favor... Research & read. Listen to what the "Ole Timers" have to say & learn how the car works.
Will do :)

Don't see why that requires messing around with a logger and a laptop.
it doesn't.getting the proper tt chip for your goals which you can discuss with eric is painless.you can really get the car to wake up with not a lot of drama or $.dave husek is on long island give him a call.

One thing you are talking about doing is ,removing or gutting the cat.
The minute you do that you are going to have to deal with the stink from the exhaust,it turns your nice daily driver into a smelly somewhat obnoxious beast.
where you are just going for a high 12 or low 13 second "driver", I would suggest getting rid of the old cat (depending on condition)which may be semi clogged anyway and install a new high flow cat on it,technology has come along way and a new technology, high flow cat will cost you very little power on a let's say 12.8 - 13.0 car, but will make it a much nicer car to be around without all the exhaust stink of a catless car.
Just a couple times of being around a running non catted car for a few mins and then walking in the house smelling like raw fuel/exhaust and you will see what i mean.
That smell just seems to stay in your nostrils and stuck to your clothes and hair for a long time.
Couple that with the smell of the inevitable oil being dripped on hot surfaces, from all the usual oil leaks from these cars,and the smell will start to make you not like your new found toy so much.

Almost without fail when i buy a tr, I have to immediatly attack the oil leaks, and then also install a new cat because the old one was removed and stinks.(probably the reason the car was sold in the first place, it stunk too much)

Even my last big power vehicle, a 650 hp supercharged v8 had 2 high flow cats on it.
The aftermarket cats are pretty cheap and will make your car much more driver friendly.
I would do your other mods first, and see if you get to your desired power level then decide if you need to free up the exhaust .

Ps ,The biggest power making trick with these cars is called ((( ALKY INJECTION ))) .
Without it you would not be seeing all these 10 and 11 second pump gas cars.
I think just beefing up your fuel system with all the above mentioned suggestions,(pump,injectors,hotwire,adjustable fpr,etc) and a few incidentals(scanmaster,tt chip etc.) and adding alky control and turning up the boost puts you right into your high 12 - low 13 second range, maybe better. Of course having a guru tune it will produce best results .
good luck.

Last edited: