base timing question

rastaz

aka 80's Rob
Anyone know what the setting the base timing higher than 25* will do if anything?

The chip controls the "base" timing...All setting the cam sensor to a different ATDC setting is it tells the ecm to trigger the injs. at a certain time to sync the injs to the particular cylinders...If you disconnect the cam sensor while the car is running, the injs will go into batch fire mode...If your cam sensor is bad, your car won't start, because the ecm isn't receiving a signal to tell the ecm when to fire...Some claim a better idle, fix a stumble, etc...all you could do is try...There is info on the gnttype website about that...I had contributed to the writeup on how much each degree of rotation of the crank equaled on the diameter of the balancer...Basically, how far from the TDC mark certain degrees equaled...Go here for info... http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/ecmsensors/camsensor.html

Hope this is what you're looking for...

My idle is real bad and sometimes dies out at lights, and I just got a cam sensor tool--do you think this will help it?