Barrett Jackson lot#60

Tmizunocherry

Lot#60 of Barrett Jackson was a 15K mile 87 GN. It had GNX style wheels and original car. The repaint looked nice from what little they showed of on Speed Channel. It went for 21K. Was there something I missed with this Buick? I thought it would bring close to 30 or just above. Last year here in BG an estate sale had 87 with 74,000 miles with some motor work done went for 24K. We are not getting much respect from the collector car world or Speed Channel. I guess we are members of a very small and DARK side of the world.
Please give your replys of why you guys and gals think we get not much acknowledgement!
Everyone enjoy your Buick!!!

I was shocked to see it go at the price for only 15K miles. Holy cow what happened is right. In person it may have been rougher shape than we can see...but HD is pretty clear. Even the engine bay looked tidy.

The other thought is there simply weren't GN buyers in the room. Not much of a crowd on opening day.

Not a bad deal at all for sure. I'm sure a few more GN's will cross the block the next few days. Let's see what the market says then.

The economy sucks,even though I mentioned this to a dealer and he said they are selling classic cars so its a different market and its hardly affected.

Actually I'm surprised these cars are at the price point they are now-total sticker shock for me and I've been keeping track for most of 20yrs and then let it lax for a better part of the 2000's. 10yrs ago most people(re:not enthusiasts) didn't know what these cars were now people do...for the most part.

Regarding the miles thing?. When I was looking at these cars in the early-mid 90's most of the ones for sale had average miles for an average car because people drove them.Average miles being like 60000+ miles,I once saw one with 50000 kilometers(which is like 30k miles) listed for 10 grand,I coulda shoulda woulda but 10 grand was still 10 grand. Now half the cars for sale are "low mile 20-40k" I dunno unless alot of people stored them and are coming out of hibernation mostly from the states. I suspect alot of odometer roll overs or tampering *just guessing*. Comes down to condition and its hard as **** to tell whether its a resto or not which I suppose if its done right it doesn't matter.

Well we are not going to get much of an example but it's better than last years. There are 3 more TR's coming up for auction. They are all GNXs. Lots 733, 1024, 1233. Of course the last two are ultra low mile, musuem pieces. So we shall see how they do. I hope they sell for tons of money!!!

My buddy here in WA. that owned GNX 005 afew years back just sold his 2600 mile loaded astro roof 87-GN for $38,500. I will admit it was absolutely the nicest stock GN Iv'e ever seen and Iv'e seen hundreds of them. This GN was nicer than his 900 mile GNX.

I BID $ 15,000.00 .. that car didnt have the doc's to prove it .. anyone can change a cluster ..

It was opening day for Pete's sake!

Yeah, somebody got a good deal but most buyers haven't even pulled their checkbooks out this early in the event.

21K for a car that's been repainted isn't bad at all.

You would of been in awe as every aspect of the car was aboslutely beautiful !!!! Heck it even had a factory block heater. !!

Let's see how the GNX's fare. Honestly the GN's haven't hit their prime yet. Just wait til the guys who drooled over these things in highschool hit their 50's. I think towards the end of this decade GN's will be worth quite a bit more.

Mark my words: By 2019 GN's will at least double in value and THE MULLET WILL RETURN!!! (I'm dead serious here BTW)

Let's see how the GNX's fare. Honestly the GN's haven't hit their prime yet. Just wait til the guys who drooled over these things in highschool hit their 50's. I think towards the end of this decade GN's will be worth quite a bit more.

Mark my words: By 2019 GN's will at least double in value and THE MULLET WILL RETURN!!! (I'm dead serious here BTW)

In Arizona, that mullet thing is likely to happen.... (crap!)

I predict that in 2019 my Turbo Limited will remain mine and mine alone, and she will be a little faster....................

Does anyone know the times they will sell the GN's and GNX's? Sorry if its a stupid question.

Thank you, TurboTguy for posting the link!
Um, well the mullet thing is alive and well here in KY. I need to move. Joe Dirt is still a number 1 hit.
That being said, I am looking forward to seeing the first General Lee being sold Saturday night. I guess that falls into the mullet thing? No mullet here though!!
I hope you are right about the 2019 statement!

Thank you, TurboTguy for posting the link!
Um, well the mullet thing is alive and well here in KY. I need to move. Joe Dirt is still a number 1 hit.
That being said, I am looking forward to seeing the first General Lee being sold Saturday night. I guess that falls into the mullet thing? No mullet here though!!
I hope you are right about the 2019 statement!

Anytime! :D

The 2019 thing, if I'm alive it will be true.

If I'm dead, well, then my son will be saying:

"Hey Mom, you know how you always said Dad is dipwad?

Well this car is pretty G Dang cool and I'm goin' for a little spin.

See you in about a week or so!"

Guys are kidding me!!! Know it's a bit off topic but not really. A 65 Shelby GT 350 was just sold for 350,000!
It was a garage fine!!! A garage fine not frame off or nut and bolt restored. Have some of these lost their minds? Please let me know where in the world these people are getting the funds? Please share!
I am just trying to save money for a Razor's kit and injectors and pump from TurboTweak for my GN and new tint for the windows, plus a turbo from a friend, hehe. I have a decent job but this blows my mind. Sorry for the rant!

I think its the economy and exposure. Compared to the overall population, not many people know about how bad azz our cars are. It would be nice to see more movies and publications featuring the GN. I went to see the Fast & Furious movie when it came out just because the GN was in it.... Too bad it was just the first 5 minutes or so.