Ball bearing & let off gas shudde questios

BoostKillsStres

TIRE-FRYER VIA HAIR-DRYER
Has anyone thats moved to a BB big shaft turbo on a stock long block experienced a big increase in turbo shudder when lifting off the gas after moderate boost around 5 to 10 psi? I've seen a ton of it since I've moved to the T66BB from my TE44 and today even installed a friends V2 IC to see if it made any difference and its the same. Even installed a BOV he had and on its lightest setting doesn't help at all unless your above about 17 psi.

If I pull out of my sub and hit 5 to 10 psi up to 45 mph then let off to 1/4 throttle to maintain the speed limit I sometimes have 5 full seconds of shudder which is annoying to say the least. Doesn't make it very fun to get in the throttle knowing this is going to happen every single time. I even removed the air filter and went for a short drive to see if it made a diff but no. Is it just the shear mass of a big shaft and being ball bearing trying to slow down and the reversion of all the boost in the IC causing this and there's no cure? Do I just need to suck it up and learn to love the sound? :confused:

Any insight for a possible solution appreciated,
Mark

BoostKillsStres said:
Has anyone thats moved to a BB big shaft turbo on a stock long block experienced a big increase in turbo shudder when lifting off the gas after moderate boost around 5 to 10 psi? I've seen a ton of it since I've moved to the T66BB from my TE44 and today even installed a friends V2 IC to see if it made any difference and its the same. Even installed a BOV he had and on its lightest setting doesn't help at all unless your above about 17 psi.

If I pull out of my sub and hit 5 to 10 psi up to 45 mph then let off to 1/4 throttle to maintain the speed limit I sometimes have 5 full seconds of shudder which is annoying to say the least. Doesn't make it very fun to get in the throttle knowing this is going to happen every single time. I even removed the air filter and went for a short drive to see if it made a diff but no. Is it just the shear mass of a big shaft and being ball bearing trying to slow down and the reversion of all the boost in the IC causing this and there's no cure? Do I just need to suck it up and learn to love the sound? :confused:

Any insight for a possible solution appreciated,
Mark

We Use the HKS racing bypass valve with great success, they have several springs and hookup options that will work. The reversion of airflow will ultimately hurt the turbo, so look into some type of compressor by pass valve.

Good luck,
Reed