Bad News

turbojimmy said:
Sorry about your loss.

Just curious as to what you were using for anti-theft and if you think they defeated it? Or was it towed?

Like a lot of us, I have a collector's insurance policy that limits use basically to parades and shows. Naturally I drive it a lot more than that. I usually don't leave it out of my sight, but once in a while I'll leave it at the mall or something if I know I'm going to be quick. The anti-theft measures I take would make it impossible to drive the car away in a short period of time but I worry about towing.

Jim

True what you say. Some of the smaller anti theft items can hold up an a low level punk. The more stuff to deter the better. But against a pro or a tow it is tough to keep it from them.

anything ever happen with this ??? :confused: Can't believe a car like this can just dissapear.. A GN ya but a rare color and easy to identify .. really weird .. hopefully something good comes out of this :frown:

Car is still missing in action!:mad: I can only imagine that something has to turn up, its been 3 weeks already and still no sighns of anything. Makes me sick everyday to think some numb nuts has my car.

Car is still missing in action!:mad: I can only imagine that something has to turn up, its been 3 weeks already and still no sighns of anything. Makes me sick everyday to think some numb nuts has my car.

IT'S NOT A POPULAR PARTS CAR SO IT WILL LIKELY SHOW UP EVENTUALLY. CHECK YOUR LOCAL HOUSING PROJECTS IF YOU HAVE ANY. I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT IN BRIDGEPORT.

Another place to look or maybe ALERT the authorities into checking is ships going overseas off the east coast. Lots of muscle is actually sold & brought to Europe.

hopefully this is not the case.

Well I got 10k for the car from the insurance company. But nothing could take the place of my baby still. I am looking for another T or GN, actually going to look at a GN at 1pm today that was on ebay in Easton Ma belonging to a Patrick Lee. I never met this fellow and dont know if he's even on this or any other board. Car looks nice from pics and within my price range too. Keep you eyes out still though Id love to get my hands on someone or something related to my T.

Kill Switch....! Get One. Cheap Insurance! Can't Prevent It From Being Towed But That Is Rare.

Well I got 10k for the car from the insurance company. But nothing could take the place of my baby still. I am looking for another T or GN, actually going to look at a GN at 1pm today that was on ebay in Easton Ma belonging to a Patrick Lee. I never met this fellow and dont know if he's even on this or any other board. Car looks nice from pics and within my price range too. Keep you eyes out still though Id love to get my hands on someone or something related to my T.

How did it go? did you buy it?

Car is near show quality on the exterior and interior and the rims look like new. GTA wheels w/ spacers for rear. Car has stock engine 103k with a ta-61, 50lb, atr downpipe, thunderfab stretch IC, dual hooker exhaust a new Russ Merit tranny. Car ran 11.50@117 in race trim and c-16 w/Russ behind the wheel. When he started the car it sounded as the bottom end was rapping but turns out from Russ it has a noisy multi disc in it. If I were to buy another buick this would be the one by far, although it has a reconstructed title this car would make many many people happy to have as one of thiers. A real head turner it looks like a GNX and for around 10k its a hell of a deal.

PS:

I have decided to not return to the buick world as I have no luck with these great cars. I will always enjoy driving one but since someone took my baby they took my heart with it. I dont think I could ever replace such a unique car.

Jon

Car is near show quality on the exterior and interior and the rims look like new. GTA wheels w/ spacers for rear. Car has stock engine 103k with a ta-61, 50lb, atr downpipe, thunderfab stretch IC, dual hooker exhaust a new Russ Merit tranny. Car ran 11.50@117 in race trim and c-16 w/Russ behind the wheel. When he started the car it sounded as the bottom end was rapping but turns out from Russ it has a noisy multi disc in it. If I were to buy another buick this would be the one by far, although it has a reconstructed title this car would make many many people happy to have as one of thiers. A real head turner it looks like a GNX and for around 10k its a hell of a deal.

PS:

I have decided to not return to the buick world as I have no luck with these great cars. I will always enjoy driving one but since someone took my baby they took my heart with it. I dont think I could ever replace such a unique car.

Jon

True yours was Unique.

As for the RECONSTRUCTED. I think mine has been a few times around the block. Doesn't bother me personally but some guys hate that.

You know, it really doesn't matter what performance car you have, any of them are subject to the problems you had with the Buick. Surf any of the other boards for Pontiacs, Chevys, Mustangs etc and you will find all the same stories you have had. Whatever you decide to get your going to have to change the way you store it. Hope to see you at NED in a Buick sometime.

how did you get 10g's from the indurance company? Mine has a blue book value of like 4 grand? I would like for mine to be worth what it actually is worth.