Bad ECM?

I am an idiot the battery was connected. And the ign switch was off. I believe pin A6 is feed 12v with ign on or the ecm would be awake all the time.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well you know my problem currently is similar to this one I had few years ago, random SES no dtc, high idle.....but I am ruling everything out before I blame the logger....and if it is the the logger that will suck as I won't be able to use speed density in the future:(
Also the chip randomly reset to defaults as well. I run open loop idle, lean cruise, change tcc lock up mph and it will lose these settings..

The random chip reset has me thinking you have a connection issue (pos or neg) or intermittent short. Have you traced the alternator cable back to the battery?

Rick

The random chip reset has me thinking you have a connection issue (pos or neg) or intermittent short. Have you traced the alternator cable back to the battery?

Rick
Yep did it with OE and caspers cables as well as OE alt and bosch reman.

I'm guessing you've already ran without the PL?

Yep when I started this thread removing PL fixed it, current 2014 remove PL past weekend and all is well again. Tr6 is not an issue.

Whoops, this is your old thread, lol! TR6 runs well without the PL?

Yes it works just fine...they are not integrated.

Little update. I have the ecm and pl in the white T now. So we will see if it follows the ecm/pl or stays with the Gn.

I tested mine in my old T last year and it did not follow, though I only had it in for a few WOT blasts.

I tested mine in my old T last year and it did not follow, though I only had it in for a few WOT blasts.
My issue is not@Wot only it can just hickup flash SES pick back up and carry on. Chip loses settings. Never happened until i added Pl. I wonder if the addition on the PL and what extra loads it puts on the ecms power and grounds causes an issue. I have thought about tapping into the ground at the ecm pigtail and running all straight to battery. As well as a dedicated 12 "hotwire" too A6 from the battery using a relay to turn it on. I really hate hacking into the harness as it is not messed up. This issue only happens with a small amount of these Trs.

Same issues here. Wot, at an idle in park or sitting at a light. I hope you figure it out cause I'm all out of ideas. Well, I plan on pull out the fuse panel but I'm scared of causing more trouble. Btw, installed a new ignition switch to no avail.

Same issues here. Wot, at an idle in park or sitting at a light. I hope you figure it out cause I'm all out of ideas. Well, I plan on pull out the fuse panel but I'm scared of causing more trouble. Btw, installed a new ignition switch to no avail.

Yes I did as well, stock switch looked damn good when I pulled it out too.

It's not a mysterious thing that some tr's just have. It's an intermittent connection or short. It can drive you nuts. I know.

Rick

It's not a mysterious thing that some tr's just have. It's an intermittent connection or short. It can drive you nuts. I know.

Rick
So what do you think about my idea, run 12v controled by a relay straight to A6 from battery, run all grounds from ecm straight to battery. If it still does it it has to be something with the powerlogger. I wish Bob the mastermind would chime in here.

If ignition power dropped out (A6) it should not default. C16 is the circuit that would clear the chip. Or ground drop out.

You could tie a small light to c16 and put it in your line of sight. Use the ecm case for the ground.

I know what a pita this can be. I had a car recently that was resting the chip and making the scanmaster go nuts. Could not even get a reading from it. Random numbers that made no sense. Ended up the system grounds were on the trans bolts and they were finger loose. The ring hoops were just floating on the bolts. I want to say there are a total of 4 rings. 2 on one bolt and 2 on another.

Rick

Installed a vette starter tonite so I had a good look at my fuseable links. They were cut and crimped with the caspers ones in 2011 when this issue first popped up. This time I soldered them and feed it into the crimps. So that should rule them out. I also had a real good look at the ground at the back of the intake. They looked fine and ohmed -0-.

So did the problem follow over to the other car? I just got done cleaning my ecm edge connector and re-seating the PL. I just wasted another 1hr of my time as the car is still acting weird with the PL installed. Time to throw in the towel and just run with the1987 technology. I never did get Bob's address, as I really want to know if the PL is bad. If it isn't bad, it will be up for sale.

So did the problem follow over to the other car? I just got done cleaning my ecm edge connector and re-seating the PL. I just wasted another 1hr of my time as the car is still acting weird with the PL installed. Time to throw in the towel and just run with the1987 technology. I never did get Bob's address, as I really want to know if the PL is bad. If it isn't bad, it will be up for sale.
At this time no, but it is an intermitant issue. I have the GN at work today and plan on driving it Fri as well. Evidently I did not clean my pins very well on the ECM from my T as the PL does not read everything it should. Not messing with it here since I need to get home. But I will re clean and reseat later.

Heres your answer..did not follow. I have a different ECM/chip in the GN and it was crazy acting up on the way home. Ses light.codes 42 46 51 53:55 15..then mysteriously clearing up. Got few miles from my house ripped PL of the ECM while driving. Of course it stalled. Took a few trys to restart. Then drove normally rest of the way home without it hooked up. While the PL itself may not be bad it induces something into my ecm that drives it nuts. Only difference from am drive was AC was on and temps where warmer. I drive 47 miles one each way.

Last edited: