Bad ECM?

Here's the game plan. I have some ECM terminals and I am going to remove grounds from a12, d1,d10. Just going to fold them back and tape to harness. Then I will install new wire with the correct pins in these three and run straight to the battery. I am not messing with d10,d12 for now.

I am also removing c16 , battery and running a new wire straight to the battery. Going to make a new harness for just these 4 circuits and see if it fixes the mysterious issue. I am going figure out a way to get it through the firewall without removing the RF fender or being a hack.

If this fails I will run a new power circuit at a6 with a relay controlling it. And possibly d10 and d12.

Man, I hope you figure it out. New baby here and simply haven't had time lately. Good luck!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here an update. Harness is installed. Theres a plastic groumet above the engine harness. I drilled a hole in that and fished them through. Then pulled away the inner fendar as much as it would come without breaking. Which is not much. Used piece of wire and pulled them up. Everything is labeled and can be reversed as needed.

Took car out for a 20 min cruise in the country and it runs very good. But i plan on driving it on some hot days to see if I really fixed anything.

Attachments

• 1405897968958.jpg
    1405897968958.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 1405897990647.jpg
    1405897990647.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 115
  • 1405898007717.jpg
    1405898007717.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 1405898026913.jpg
    1405898026913.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 110
Man, I hope you figure it out. New baby here and simply haven't had time lately. Good luck!

Congrats on the new baby. They are great!

Well it has been 215 trouble free miles since I reran the grounds and 12volt feed to the battery. Very hot today and it got a good heat soak.

Only minor issue is lean cruise will get in the 17/18:1 range at times and it will miss a bit. I did not restring O2 sensor ground. So I may try that if I get around to it or just turn it off.

Awesome! Are you removing one at a time to see which one makes it come back? Knowing our cars, you'll normal it all back up, one at a time, and it'll be fixed with no apparent solution. Thanks for tracking this down!

Awesome! Are you removing one at a time to see which one makes it come back? Knowing our cars, you'll normal it all back up, one at a time, and it'll be fixed with no apparent solution. Thanks for tracking this down!

No I went through so much trouble of installing the wires through the firewall and they are tucked up and hidden nicely. Don't plan on ever selling so F,,,, it running good leave it alone:)

Well it has been 215 trouble free miles since I reran the grounds and 12volt feed to the battery. Very hot today and it got a good heat soak.

Only minor issue is lean cruise will get in the 17/18:1 range at times and it will miss a bit. I did not restring O2 sensor ground. So I may try that if I get around to it or just turn it off.

I find that is normal if you are cruising at very light pedal to the point that it will come out of lean cruise and L/U if I lift it will stop [bucking] it's not really a miss, or if I give it a little more pedal it will stay in L/U and stop bucking.

If I go anywhere above 17;2 it will start to act up like that.