Bad ECM?

I'm not able to install the file you attached. I tried to install the PL030 file and did just find. I get an error saying that "Can't open input file PL039.s19"

EDIT: Disregard! I was able to install it...

Eric sent me a new chip and no change. I have a 3rd ecm I can install but I don't think it'll do anything.

1) runs horrible and dies with wb and pl installed

2) runs *better* with wb off and pl installed but still hiccups and dies

3) no change with new chip

4) runs great with pl not installed and no breaking up at wot (wb doesn't matter with pl not installed)

Sean the stupid site will not let me reply to your PM. I use Bobs chips, he swapped the PL for his from his GN. My issue went away. My PL works fine in his GN. He says maybe I had the PL pushed on too far.

No problem Steve. I've tried every which way to seat it. I've got the pl out and gonna go for another test run to confirm. Could be the PLX screwing up but I don't have another one to swap. Don't think it's that because I've disconnected it and it still stalls.

What was the problem with the power loggers that were sent back and did any of you guys put a new one back in and have it work correctly? I've been trying to get my car running correctly for months now and pretty much did everything you guys did. l have tried different ecms, chips, plugs, coils, modules, maf, etc. I finally just now, removed the power logger. Night and day difference. The car doesn't shut off for no reason during idle, the idle doesn't surge, it didn't break up or load up, and this is the first time the car actually felt normal under wot. Is there something I should be looking at on the power logger, or could it be just bad. I bought it from full throttle last year while doing my frame off restro.

what chip are you running? what software is in the PL?

can you send it to me to be checked out?

Bob

Well you know my problem currently is similar to this one I had few years ago, random SES no dtc, high idle.....but I am ruling everything out before I blame the logger....and if it is the the logger that will suck as I won't be able to use speed density in the future:(

Also the chip randomly reset to defaults as well. I run open loop idle, lean cruise, change tcc lock up mph and it will lose these settings..

Last edited:
what chip are you running? what software is in the PL?

can you send it to me to be checked out?

Bob

I would be more than happy to ship it to you for testing. I have a tt 5.6 chip burned for e85. I also tried the extender g with my gen II and it produced the same symptoms. I am currently back to stock maf and no gen II. I don't know what software is on it currently. I hate to use the word assume, but I believe it is current. Do you want the power logger and ecm or just the power logger? I will also need your address. You can pm me if you'd like with the info. Thanks.

I still have problems. I can't even run the TR6. I haven't pulled the PL to see if the TR6 would work but that'll be tomorrow. I had the motor out this winter and I went through the wiring. I installed a fusable relocation kit which didn't help. New crank, cam, maf sensors. Soldered in new ignition module connector. A ton other things to boot. I want to monitor the A6 pin to see if it's losing power. That's all I can think of. I think the PL is getting electrical interference. I already did the mod for the PL and that fixed my intermittent disconnect from my laptop. I've been messing with this for over a year. Oh yea, I bought another PL and it still does it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I still have problems. I can't even run the TR6. I haven't pulled the PL to see if the TR6 would work but that'll be tomorrow. I had the motor out this winter and I went through the wiring. I installed a fusable relocation kit which didn't help. New crank, cam, maf sensors. Soldered in new ignition module connector. A ton other things to boot. I want to monitor the A6 pin to see if it's losing power. That's all I can think of. I think the PL is getting electrical interference. I already did the mod for the PL and that fixed my intermittent disconnect from my laptop. I've been messing with this for over a year. Oh yea, I bought another PL and it still does it.

I just drove again without the logger and it is running great. I mean night and day difference. I too want to run the pl, hopefully I just have a bad one.

I don't think it's necessarily the PL because I've tried my suspected bad one in another car and it worked fine. I even sent mine to Bob and it worked fine for him. I think it varies from car to car, just like the problem with the PL not wanting/staying connected to a laptop. That also varied from car to car. We all have the same problems and only one viable solution, which is to run without the PL, but my my current setup really doesn't allow that, well I don't really want to do it because of my WB and most importantly logging. Don't want to go back to the old way of tuning from the scanmaster.

I re-installed my TR6 last night and I'm hoping I can get some more information from it (troublecodes, runs better w/o the PL, etc).

Bob,

Could I send you one of my ECM's and spare PL's and have you inspect it and pop it on for me so there is no doubt of the installation of the PL? I know there have been some concern on that. I'll even supply the return postage.

Thanks,
Sean

Tonite I brought home my Dvom. I ohmed all grounds from battery neg terminal to grounds in ecm bulkhead connector...all perfect at 0 ohms. Ohmed 12v orange feed...0 ohms. Lastly I ohmed from A6 to ecm sol fuse...0...ohms. Now if I ohm from battery pos terminal to A6 I get 183 ohms...not sure what to make of that one.

That's probably right. You're still completing a circuit through the fuse box, fusable links, etc. Well that's what I gather.

The more I think about it, it doesn't sound right.

Was the positive battery cable off when doing this?