Bad ECM?

For what it is worth I am having a new problem with my '87 GN and I have a powerlogger too (bought new from Full Throttle).

A couple of weeks ago my car would start but would not stay running. I have a Full Throttle Command chip and Powerlogger (I do not run a scanmaster). I had it towed over to Nick and we swapped out the ECM with one of his and one of his chips and it runs fine now for a couple of weeks.

I will now try different combinations to figure out the problem by trying my chip in his ECM, his chip in my ECM, etc...

I hope its now the Powerloggers as I love having its capabilites.

sounds kinda like my problem...cept mine stalls out at around 180 degrees throws all kinds of codes...ill keep and eye on this topic because i have 0 clue whats wrong with mine good luck

Pic may not show it well...the chip above the "R" and 10 holes has two of it's legs solidered together on the board. Not sure if this is correct or not. Bob or anyone else with a logger can you look at it and let me know something?

Attachments

• P9070238.jpg
    P9070238.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 174
U6 is a CPLD, in the first revision, we soldered those 2 legs together. Later units had the board pattern fixed.

Bob

Thank you! At least I know that's not it. I will test some more when the weather gets dry and I have time.

Todays progress....

Drove the car 90miles and it did not act up once. City,hwy,country roads,heat soak for 1 hr then back home. What did I do? I removed the powerlogger!:(

PM me you addy and I will get it in the mail. You need just the board,no cables etc,or scanmaster chip.

I will also add I return the scanmaster to the 2.1 chip for my testing at the aldl connector...no possiblity it is the chip in the scanmaster?

Thank you!

can't be the scanmaster

Just send the unit. Did you try just pulling the PL out a little so its not so far pushed on the connector? Is the connector nice and clean?

I will PM the address.

Bob

Unplugged the PL and doesn't die while idling in park and it doesn't break up at WOT. I've got a few things to check (wiring under the dash after alky install). Just want to cross out any wiring bugs. After the test run, I'm 99% sure it's either the chip or PL. Maybe the chip isn't jiving with the PL, chip is corrupted, or PL is corrupted. One of those three. PL was fine before the alky and chip install. As mentioned earlier, I'm 99% sure but got get that 1% checked.

what version of software was in the PL?

what is the chip number?

Bob

Here is another log I just did a few minutes ago with everything normaled back up. You'll notice that the WB goes extremely high at some points. Verified that the WB was correctly set up. New O2 was installed yesterday.

Attachments

• LogFile3.dat
    577.4 KB · Views: 49
well, try updating the PL, just for grins.

Bob

Attachments

• PL039 for idle issues perhaps.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 69
Will do. What version is that? Any tips on Win8? Last reflash was with XP. Thanks for helping me out. :)

should reflash just the same as last time

that version is just the latest pre-sd2 version.

let me know if the situation improves or at least changes.

Bob