Attn:Lee_ Burough-board Of Directors

....SNIP....BTW Lee I appoligise for the personal attack!! Mike :rolleyes:

Apology accepted and looking forward... :cool:

Mike, I really empathize with your situation: Having sent what is equal to two years of my own discretionary income on your 'parts' and coming up short. That must be maddening for you. I'm truly sorry for you having to go through that for such a long period of time without resolution. Your ordeal proves Murphy's Law really is true.

I won't bore you with the details, but, I've 'invested' ten times your amount with not even a dollar return....Another time I lost $10k in one day in the stock market (day trading-went to Emergency room with chest pains :eek: )....I really understand that kind of financial loss. It takes time to release the feelings and move on. As I write this, some of those old feelings are cropping up again. I/we have to move on or we will become bitter people. People nobody wants to be around (that is my experience anyway ;) ).

We'll work on more even handed enforcement in the FEEDBACK forum too, I promise. I'm trying to let the problem threads die a natural death, but, another problem thread popped up again today. I'll close it too, making more friends I'm sure ;)

Still wishing you the very best Mike, AND a successful resolution in this frustrating matter.

Leeb

Just my 2 cents, but if I can't post to aid in a friend/ fellow board member, then there is no point to browse that forum, if I want to read I can just pick up a newspaper. So IMO I feel issues like this would get brushed under the carpet because one person can't effectively put the nessesary pressure needed to inforce some sort of resolvment. Without the community involvement cases like this would go no where because support is usually what promotes resolvment. Forum that gets activity, get answers. A forum that does not get activity gets bypassed, and that in itself misinforms everybody on this board about a board member that is not on the up and up. Turn this thread into a vote and let the community decide how the feedback should be viewed. If the majority votes for community involvment, I think that would make it a strong case to change the rules, and also put a feather in the cap of admins for listening and moving with the community based on overall feedback from the members. I hope you get this resolved Mike.

I agree 100%! Let the MEMBERS VOTE!! C'mon administration, Post a Poll!
Seems that somethings never change here! Always has been complaints about the Happy Finger Delete Button People? We arent CHILDREN!! Let us participate in the RULES of the Board! After all its for OUR Benefit isnt it???

Even the owner of the board jumped in a feedback post to defend his buddy.Lets fire Lee and have a vote!!!:cool:

Guys DO NOT BLAME LEE! He was only doing his job, that btw he volunteers to do.....

We have been talking about enforcing these rules tighter in the mod forum. Lee was only doing what we were talking about, enforcing the rules.... Lee is a great member and moderator on this board.

We may do a poll, let us think about how to structure it....

Guys DO NOT BLAME LEE! He was only doing his job, that btw he volunteers to do.....

I don't Blame Lee. I never even met him or dealt with him. Just doing his Job.

BUT who is being PAID to be a mod?? Got a list?? That would be Interesting???

Lets do a Poll!

PLEASE Let the MEMBERS Speak.

Now your cooking with grease.;) VOTE, VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,:D

At the very least, While this is sorted out, I think Mikes Thread should be Made a Sticky. Right there at the TOP

Just my opinion

I wish you the best of luck Mike.

I agree, at least make it a Sticky so it doesnt just go on to page 14 where nobody sees it. This dumb as$ CountryBumpkin should pretty much sell his TurboBuick because he should know he is not wecome anywhere the rest of the community is. We just dont work like that. WE SHOULD NOT SUPPORT THOSE ACTIONS! I agree with not banning him, but his name should be plastered all over the place so he can log in and read it everytime.

Please be patient, as we (admin) are currently discussing the matter.

Also, please do not blame Lee (Lee_Burough) for enforcing the rules of the board. He is a good moderator, intelligent and not irrational when it comes to decision making. Instead, the blame should be placed on the administrators of this board. I apologize on our behalf.

All of your arguments are being taken into consideration. We realize that we can't please all of you, but we'll try.

BTW, the post is now a sticky.

I would love to vote. We need the feedback forum and the right to respond. It is a positive thing to help us protect each other as I HATE thieves and scammers!!!!!!

If Lee was following the rules, then why was the "burhead headers" thread that SGRIM started not deleted. There were a lot of poeple chiming in on that one besides Jay and Shane. If not a dictatorship, then prove it, even the owners should under these same rules and restrictions. BTW, yes I did post on the "burhead" thread. As said above, it helps to have extra pressure placed on the individual that is in question. I believe that is what Mike did, and in a proper forum. I know you guys have seen all the help Mike has provided to fellow Buick enthusiest. Why even have this forum if you are not going to allow people to help out. That is all I did in SGRIM's thread.

FIRST NO THREAD HAS BEEN DELETED!!!!!!! It was closed, as a collective effort of admin and mods trying to get the forum rules back on track. As it has spun a little out of control lately. There was NOTHING personal about this.

Admin and mods are trying to come up with a way to make everyone happy. Look at Geoff's thread in the lounge. We are not trying to prevent anyone from saying anything, just put it in the correct forum.

Far as "my" thread. It hasn't been posted in months until some one subscribed to it last night... It had not been closed as I was waiting for the other party to respond. He hasn't responded and I didn't want to close it and people say we closed it so he couldn't respond... See the rock and hard place situation?

I will close it though today, as a result of this. I will post before closing that if he wants to respond he can contact any member of admin other than Jay or I to reopen it....

As someone else referred to a thread in feedback I posted in concerning "Blackhawk." I didn't start that thread, I was screwed by him to. Still haven't seen a penny of the $800+ he scammed me out of. Do you see me posting every day or week in that thread?

For everyone that doesn't know me, ask some of the people that I have dealt with or met at the events etc... I am in this to simply help the community and provide the best board possible.

I personally would perfer you NOT close the "burhead" thread. I used this particular thread to make a point, not to ruffle anyone up. I meant no ill intentions toward the owners or administrators, I realize there is more to this to consider. To me the "burhead" thread IS important for us in the Buick community as is Mikes thread about CB. I also feel no thread should be deleted or locked as long as your rules for decency are somewhat followed. It would probably be better to say let common sense prevail. Again, no hard feelings, I just wanted to make a point.

I think everything should just stay in the feedback section. You have a Vendor Customer Service section that people are leaving feedback in, the original feedback section and now another section for a good guy/bad guy deal???

I say get rid of the VCS and leave the feedback section. Let people respond even if they are directly involved in the transaction. If it gets out of hand THEN lock it. And by out of hand I mean threats, questionable language etc. We are all big boys here. If someone has a problem with me, post it. Then people can see how things work out and base their judgement on whether to do business with a person/company depending on how things are handled.

No need to have 3 different sections when it can be accomplished with just 1. Just my opinion.

If Lee was following the rules, then why was the "burhead headers" thread that SGRIM started not deleted. There were a lot of poeple chiming in on that one besides Jay and Shane.

To me the "burhead" thread IS important for us in the Buick community as is Mikes thread about CB. I also feel no thread should be deleted or locked as long as your rules for decency are somewhat followed.

Good points Ken. I totally agree.

I say get rid of the VCS and leave the feedback section.

I agree that having a VCS (Vendors customer service) forum is redundant, since we already have the feedback area. I'll see if there's anything that can be done about that. Maybe eliminate the VCS forum and merge all the threads into feedback?

Let people respond even if they are directly involved in the transaction. If it gets out of hand THEN lock it. And by out of hand I mean threats, questionable language etc. We are all big boys here. If someone has a problem with me, post it. Then people can see how things work out and base their judgement on whether to do business with a person/company depending on how things are handled.

I'll assume that you meant "...if they are not directly involved in the transaction... I agree with that, if that's what you meant, as well as the rest of your post.

Great feedback! (no pun intended) Thanks guys.

I'll assume that you meant "...if they are not directly involved in the transaction... I agree with that, if that's what you meant, as well as the rest of your post.

You are correct sir, anyone who wants to reply, even your aunt Tilly!:wink:

Not letting others repond and get involved is missing out on an opportunity, IMO. When there is negative feedback about a transaction, I have seen 2 things happen:

1. The seller receives suport from the community in an outpourng of positive feedback, and the incident may be looked at as an isolated incident and it ends up actually being BENEFICIAL to the vendor.

2. Other posters with negative experiences with this seller, or those that analyze the story laid out and decide the seller is in the wrong put additional pressure on the seller to correct this issue. If a seller is facing one guy he screwed over, he is less inclined to make things right than if he has a whole community voicing their displeasue with his actions...or inactions as it may be.

So as I see it, allowing our community to get involved in disputes has value.

This post should end it all right here and namely point number 1. Too many cliiques in this community and when someone does you wrong all the friends jump in and defend the vendor.

My take on others posting.

The number of views a thread recieves with bad feedback is hard to comprehend. it is far better to see the impact your thread creates with
the support and pleas of fellow members to make it right.

There should be rules in place, no Name calling, and no threats of any kind.

if situations get resolved that is a bonus

I feel there should be a good seller/bad seller section so a person could could either read about trans actions on a person either good or bad. That way there buyer or seller has a chance to contact the person who left the feed back. And see what they might have in store. It seems like a lot of postings happen after communication either stops or as a last resort of recourse.

I too hope there is something that can come out of this. Mike is a great guy and very helpful to a lot of people, it also seems like the people who get scrutinized are on the right side of the fence some times

Steve.