At what point do i need two Alky nozzles

nolanator

@none_more_black
I currently have moderately built engine (The details are listed in my sig), and soon will be upgrading to an ever so slightly larger (67mm) turbo @ 25psi. I have a single nozzle installed in the regular spot, and have the extra second jet and adapter in my garage.

So, at what point would I need this second setup?

These were Julios words to me when I asked him that same question.

If its a larger motor, cam, heads, etc.. mid 10's are easy on a single. I have plenty of customers at that range. High 9's is the limit of a single nozzle with aluminum heads, mid 10's on irons.
Now.. healthy alcohol pump is another story.. keep that fresh.. rebuild/replace every couple years

These were Julios words to me when I asked him that same question.

If its a larger motor, cam, heads, etc.. mid 10's are easy on a single. I have plenty of customers at that range. High 9's is the limit of a single nozzle with aluminum heads, mid 10's on irons.
Now.. healthy alcohol pump is another story.. keep that fresh.. rebuild/replace every couple years

Hm. Interesting. I appreciate the reply. I just took my pump out and opened it up. The spring and plunger looked great, the motor operates nicely and the switch on top opened the circuit when 12v was applied.

I'm hoping to be a little quicker than mid 10s at the end of this thing and I still have a little detonation in boost, so maybe it's not such a bad idea to add it.

Does it go directly across from the first nozzle or do they need to be staggered?

The single nozzle kit will handle that 67 turbo you have just fine.

I think I'm running out of fuel then...still feeling jumpy and hesitant up top.
I would recommend monitoring fuel/meth pressure at wot and looking at a wideband.you need to be on your game when trying to push the combo.

I'm hoping to be a little quicker than mid 10s at the end of this thing and I still have a little detonation in boost, so maybe it's not such a bad idea to add it.
the car should not see any detonation and at that power level things move fast and you will need to really pay attention to the tuneup.

the car should not see any detonation and at that power level things move fast and you will need to really pay attention to the tuneup.

Methanol is working well. I just went through the whole kit from the pump to the control boxes, the MAP sensor, vacuum line, etc, and fuel pressure is about 35psi at idle and raises to nearly 60psi when getting into the throttle. It is a smaller pump though and I haven't looked at it, so perhaps?

I also, for the time being, still have my factory 2.5" MAF sensor. I noticed some popping at WOT. Maybe it's not getting enough air?

I'm getting a little off topic from this sub section, so a little later I'm going to make a post in the proper section.

Getting a 2.5 inch MAF to measure that amount of air is asking too much of it. That could be causing your problem as well if its not reading correctly, especially under boost at 20 psi.

A 3.5 inch will solve that problem. You said you had to go to bigger intake pipes for the turbo anyways. Your combo is a good one but the MAF is key to making all of it work right. Do you have a Powerlogger? Is that what was in your sig?

If you are injecting pre throttle body you shouldn't ever need more than one 15gph nozzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting a 2.5 inch MAF to measure that amount of air is asking too much of it. That could be causing your problem as well if its not reading correctly, especially under boost at 20 psi.

A 3.5 inch will solve that problem. You said you had to go to bigger intake pipes for the turbo anyways. Your combo is a good one but the MAF is key to making all of it work right. Do you have a Powerlogger? Is that what was in your sig?

Yes sir, I do have a power logger although I haven't messed with it yet, but its becoming apparent that I probably should.

And yes, I also have the larger piping and LS1 MAF, but I am waiting on the 45° bracket for my IAC to put it in. I'm just going to let the car sit or at least stay out of the throttle until I can get that situated.

Things move too fast to monitor with out logging and recording.