Do I need a new Chip for Alky?

FLv6Trubo

AKA NoTime
So I currently have a Reds 93, TT 98 octaine and TT 108 octane chip. I'm currently running the TT 98 chip because th Red's 93 runs so rich at idle. That being said, Now that I plan on installing Alky, do I need to order a new 93 chip? I plan on going up to aroun 23-25psi of boost. Will I be able to do that with a 93 chip and ALKY?

You can pull fuel to allow for the Alky and hope it's close with whatever tuning device you (must) have...many have done this successfully ...or send one of you're currant TT chips back to Eric for the adjustments needed and have piece of mind as it will be spot-on out of the box.

I would. Eric knows what’s best for the alky tune . Or you can buy a SD2 chip and that will be the last chip you will ever buy . Plus you can actually tune all your engine parameters not to mention flex fuel capabilities.

The fueling on the TT 98 chip may not be all that different from what you will need. Since you will turn up the boost you will need more fuel, but that fuel will provided by the alky. And the TT chip WOT fuel can be adjusted to match what you need. Then you could tell Eric how much you needed to add/trim the fuel so he can provide a chip that's almost dead on. You can also trim first gear separately to adjust for when and how much alky you have coming in down low. Again, if you can get this dialed in with your current chip Eric could use this data to give you a new chip with base fuels settings dialed in for your combo. Well, that's how I would do it.

There are other differences in an alky chip besides fuel.... timing and timing delay. The timing will be different for an alky setup, although you can adjust the timing in your chip to match. But you can't do the timing delay... a feature where the timing is delayed temporarily to eliminate transient knock on the street while the alky comes in. A nice safety feature for street driving.

And if you disconnect the battery you would to have redo all the chip settings to where you want them as the chip will default back to base settings. Another reason to get a new chip, because this could be bad if you need to add fuel in the chip from the base setting. A good reason to have it reset to be a little rich on default settings. I personally never had a chip stay at default settings for long so it didn't matter to me, but its nice to have it close.

If you understand most of what I just said, then you are most of the way there to knowing what to do. If you don't, call Eric and get a new chip first for sure.

The fueling on the TT 98 chip may not be all that different from what you will need. Since you will turn up the boost you will need more fuel, but that fuel will provided by the alky. And the TT chip WOT fuel can be adjusted to match what you need. Then you could tell Eric how much you needed to add/trim the fuel so he can provide a chip that's almost dead on. You can also trim first gear separately to adjust for when and how much alky you have coming in down low. Again, if you can get this dialed in with your current chip Eric could use this data to give you a new chip with base fuels settings dialed in for your combo. Well, that's how I would do it.

There are other differences in an alky chip besides fuel.... timing and timing delay. The timing will be different for an alky setup, although you can adjust the timing in your chip to match. But you can't do the timing delay... a feature where the timing is delayed temporarily to eliminate transient knock on the street while the alky comes in. A nice safety feature for street driving.

And if you disconnect the battery you would to have redo all the chip settings to where you want them as the chip will default back to base settings. Another reason to get a new chip, because this could be bad if you need to add fuel in the chip from the base setting. A good reason to have it reset to be a little rich on default settings. I personally never had a chip stay at default settings for long so it didn't matter to me, but its nice to have it close.

If you understand most of what I just said, then you are most of the way there to knowing what to do. If you don't, call Eric and get a new chip first for sure.
lol, I understand what I read, I just don't know how to adjust or how to tell what I need and don't need other than by looking at knock. I think I'll just order a brand new chip for the alky and start from there. Sounds like there are some variables I need for alky that a standard chip doesn't have. Thanks for the info.