Astroroof ... help

hello; When I say dupicate it I mean just make a wrench that works. Duplicate what ever the type of head of the tool is . If you have one is it some special head or is it allen,phillops,standard or what? I can't believe you can't just get one at the hardware and make it work.. I'm not here to make money and if I was I'd be thinking different.
IBBY

hello; IMO you have the original wrench for the moon roofs and that's great and some people have to have original stuff but why not duplicate it and sell that. You'd be helping the rest of the turbo heads who have a MR car and that's the name of the game.
IBBY

I think the same thing can be accomplished with a 1/4" drive ratchet, an extension, and the proper socket + drive bits.

hello; When I say dupicate it I mean just make a wrench that works. Duplicate what ever the type of head of the tool is . If you have one is it some special head or is it allen,phillops,standard or what? I can't believe you can't just get one at the hardware and make it work.. I'm not here to make money and if I was I'd be thinking different.
IBBY

Yeah - it reminds me of the key that comes with a garbage disposal for use when you throw chicken wings down it's throat.

I have a guy that's suppose to buy a whole roof section and pan etc he's doing a conversion. I have 1 of my own cars that I need to fix the roof on I don't know what's wrong yet other than it wouldn't open. I may have up to 3 setups but I don't want to sell myself short. I will let you know if I have anything extra and price

LOL - yeah - you're like me.
When you get down to QTy 3 of something - you start to get worried.

Well - just thinking in case.
But I'll bet my buddy will not want the education I am about to give him on the actual value of this car he wants to sell me.
It will probably hit CrazyList or FleaBay and some 18 year old will have a GN to tear up.

I was junk yard hopping one day and found two cars that had astro-roof option. Both were olds cutlass( one 442). So I took out the sun roof out of the plain cutlass. I scored big time but Between fighting everything to get this out myself I forgot to look in the glove box for the key.... Yea I have the key for my car but not the yellow envelope ... oh well!

hello people; I got a story that I said here. But years ago when my mother was around I was at a wedding and my car was at home moon roof open and the skys opened up. The wedding wasn't far away so the weather there was the same at home. It rained so hard the bride and groom had to stop leaving the church till it stopped. Well my mother tried to cover the opening any way she could but failed. The car had alot of water in it and all it took was to use the button as it worked with out the key in the ignition. I did come home knowing what to expect so out came the wet vac. I did thank her for trying and she told me it was her and a neightbor trying to cover the hole. We laughed later but the interior had a unwanted bath.
IBBY

I was junk yard hopping one day and found two cars that had astro-roof option. Both were olds cutlass( one 442). So I took out the sun roof out of the plain cutlass. I scored big time but Between fighting everything to get this out myself I forgot to look in the glove box for the key.... Yea I have the key for my car but not the yellow envelope ... oh well!

That's a pretty big find.
2 G-bodies.
They don't hang around long.
I found a Cutlass Supreme with the GNX / Grand Prix rear body brace one time.

How much did they clip you for the - "Whole assy" - or was it just the glass?
That's a bear with only one person.

hello people; I got a story that I said here. But years ago when my mother was around I was at a wedding and my car was at home moon roof open and the skys opened up. The wedding wasn't far away so the weather there was the same at home. It rained so hard the bride and groom had to stop leaving the church till it stopped. Well my mother tried to cover the opening any way she could but failed. The car had alot of water in it and all it took was to use the button as it worked with out the key in the ignition. I did come home knowing what to expect so out came the wet vac. I did thank her for trying and she told me it was her and a neightbor trying to cover the hole. We laughed later but the interior had a unwanted bath.
IBBY

A good case for Obama to issue an executive order banning rain.
And for much more global warming - say on the order of Mercury or Venus.
I hate rain.
The story sounds like it happened a while back - so - Blame it on Bush

whole assy...$85.00

That sounds reasonable.
Tried it yet?
Hopefully you snipped the body side wiring harness - or gently took it with you.

Throw a couple of pics up if you get time.

I have everything incl. switch but cut the feed to it. I never tried it. Looking at the car I assumed it worked, as the car was mint. The doors and buckets seats were gone off the car so it made it easier to get out. As James said these are hard to find! Not many G-bodys in the junk yards. For some reason this yard gets cutlass and regal`s in once in a blue moon.

I have everything incl. switch but cut the feed to it. I never tried it. Looking at the car I assumed it worked, as the car was mint. The doors and buckets seats were gone off the car so it made it easier to get out. As James said these are hard to find! Not many G-bodys in the junk yards. For some reason this yard gets cutlass and regal`s in once in a blue moon.

Yeah - good score.
Especially if the rubber seal is in top shape. Those usually look like crap.

I advise covering the glass right away with some cardboard / tape.
It scratches very easily.
I built a box / frame with cheap 2x6, 4 plywood corners, 2 each side 1x4's for back and front support to keep it all protected.
1/2" foam over the glass

It's still a bear taking the pan down by yourself. Obviously, without seats is the way to fly.
Probably want to rig up a fuse or automotive breaker when you hot wire the switch to test.
I've heard you should go easy on the duty cycles of the motor.

OK - looks factory original.
Since it is weird looking.
Now where does it go?
There is a round 1" fabric coverd plug near the switch for the crank. If there is NO border at the roof cut out, it's factory CF5. If there is trim around the hole it's ASC or some other. Is there CF5 on the RPO tag???