Astroroof and power driver seat

My 87 GN has a factory Buick Astroroof and a power driver seat. I read somewhere this is a rare option. All I know is I'm 6'3" and 255lbs, I really lack head room. I have to sport a gangsta lean to not hit my head. Just curious about the options being rare.

Later,

Dom

Power Driver Seat

Feel your pain, I,m 6'6 go over 255. I found 86 GN with manual seat sits about 3 inches lower. Works for me.

ya it was "suppose" to be a rare option BUT I have had maybe 7 or 8 with the same option .. lots of tall guys take the power seat out so they don't have to hunch over :p :cool:

Think he might be saying that it is rare to have those two options together???:confused:

ya I can read to :p I do remember back when the dealers had 20 of them sitting there calling my name every time I went there to get parts !!:wink: according to the dealer I couldn't get a power seat with the moon roof in 87 :mad: BUT over the years I have had more with both options :cool:

In 1987, 9415 Regals (turbo and non) got T-Tops whereas only 2560 Regals (turbo and non) got the Astroroof.

I do know that original owners were discouraged from ordering the power seat (WG1) and astroroof (CF5) combination. The reason being that the added weight affected fuel economy, and if there were too many with that combo it would affect Buick's economy figures.

As an 86, and there only being about 5xx 86's with astroroofs made, mine must really be rare!! :eek:

Astroroof, power seat, and every other option Buick could put on a Regal (except enging block heater).

My son's 87' has every option under the sun including astroroof and block heater but no driver's power seat. :confused: I just assumed you couldn't get the power seat with the astroroof because of head clearance. I'm not very tall but I will still hit my head on the roof going over a big bump. Wearing a helmet at the track is fun. I actually have to crouch down a little bit. :rolleyes:

As an 86, and there only being about 5xx 86's with astroroofs made, mine must really be rare!! :eek:

Astroroof, power seat, and every other option Buick could put on a Regal (except enging block heater).

my first 86 had every thing BUT a posi and the block heater ... got a little dent in it :eek:

Attachments

• 86gn1.jpg
    86gn1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 240
I think that a paintless dent removal company can fix that. WOW that sucks.
Bryan

my '86 has astroroof & power seat, but i'm a runt @ 5' 7" 160, so no problems w/ head room here :)

My 87 LTD was ordered with both PS & Astroroof but they didnt install the power seat. Said No! I had to add them to both sides myself.

My 86 GN has power seat and astro roof along with every other option except the block heater ( CA car).

I've been told it's rare but can't confirm. I use a manual seat track to keep from hitting the roof and I'm not that tall...

I thought I had read somewhere on here, that towards the end of the build they needed to use most of the parts they had left, so they put in most options:confused:

Even at 6' flat, once the slider board material let go, it was very frustrating!

Power seat

You can tell a taller then usual mexican drives this car as there is a big round grease spot on the headliner . Didn't have that problem with the T-top car.

I had an 85 T Type with factory Astroroof and power seat.
They were both listed on the window sticker.

That car was loaded!
Digital dash, one touch climate control, carpeted trunk, halogen headlights,
carpet saver floor mats, the dome light w/ 2 map lights.

I was told by a very big gn guy who knows his #@#@ that sunroof and power seats where rare for the 86 gn because they where blowing fuses the issue was resolved so theres way more 87s. Thats what I remember could be wrong though so dont quote me.

According to myth and legend astroroof and power seat, both together for an 87 is rare. Not so much because of headroom but because of the CAFE rules for 1987. A GN could only weigh so much. Thats why you dont see any "I got every option in the book" 1987 TR's. This did not apply on the 86 and older TRs which is why you see a lot of loaded down 86 GN's. And if it doesn't have the CF5 and WG1 codes on the SPID label it dont count. There was such a thing as dealer added accessories. And ASC astroroofs. Dont believe me? Than why did 87 GN's get steel bumper reinforcements and all of the other TR's get aluminum? The 87 GN is one heavy pig from the factory.