Assembled motor weight

Dewey

Resident Smartass
Hey guys, Since I don't have a garage I'm having to assemble my motor in the basement. I'm just wondering How far I can go before it will be too heavy for a couple stout fellas can carry it up a half dozen stairs and uot to my carport ( about 50 feet).

How far to go..

I would say short block only (no heads/intake) no reason to rip a nut ;) . Or u might want to put the whole thing together and use a delivery dolly under the oil pan from the back and have ur buddy hold it and pull while u pull it up the stairs one at a time.

I can carry the assembled short block myself with no problem. :tongue: However i wouldnt recommend that someone with a weak back and abdominals even attempts lifting the bare block alone.

Yeah, I about busted a nut lifting the bare block out of the trunk of my car to drop at the machinists. But I only weigh 175 lbs myself.... :cool:

bison said:
I can carry the assembled short block myself with no problem. :tongue: However i wouldnt recommend that someone with a weak back and abdominals even attempts lifting the bare block alone.

Damn. The assembled shortblock, from Grooms, had a 320 lb shipping weight to my house. I shipped a set of heads to a guy in California and they were 77-78 lbs if I remember correctly.

Marc87GN said:
Damn. The assembled shortblock, from Grooms, had a 320 lb shipping weight to my house. I shipped a set of heads to a guy in California and they were 77-78 lbs if I remember correctly.
Yeah, that sounds about right. To put this into perspective im a world class deadlifter. I have deadlifted 720 lbs. Ive also been able to pick up one of those atlas stones that stongmen use in training that weighed 370 lbs and load it onto a 4' high platform. :smile:

bison said:
Yeah, that sounds about right. To put this into perspective im a world class deadlifter. I have deadlifted 720 lbs. Ive also been able to pick up one of those atlas stones that stongmen use in training that weighed 370 lbs and load it onto a 4' high platform. :smile:

Jesus! :eek:

Note to self: don't f*ck with Bison, lol.

Nice Bison!
e

So I should not argue with him on tuning issues?:oops: