Arm rest options

BKLYN2FLORIDA

oh where...oh where...do i put my right elbow/arm while driving my GN.............:D

As we all know, arm rest are a must for these cars (GN), Im still up in the air of either obtaining one of those buick Lesabre /century armrest with cupholders, or just getting a square cushion, matching the interior.
When i went to the orlando old town meet i noticed there were people with an addition to the middle storage area, and looked factory. Anyone knows who makes them?:confused:
Also i saw a GN with a JEEP arm rest. Does anyone know which JEEP it comes from..:confused:
Thanks

You could try what I'm doing...I got a fold up armrest with cup holders that fold into the armrest, plus holds tapes, cds and change from a '99 Buick Lesabre Limited. I'm now in the process of designing a bracket that supports this arm rest on the console lid portion of my'87 GN console. So far, preliminary set-ups for this is working out great. This bracket will sit behind the rear of the GN console and bolts to the driver and passenger seatbelt bolts on the tunnel/floor area. With this design, the arm rest will fold down over the GN console lid, fold back up into the 90 degree position to be out of the way if I want to access something from the GN console. The bracket will support the whole assembly and keep it from sliding forwards or backwards.

I have ordered the correct paint from my buddy Dave at GBODYPARTS, (gray, the paint they had especially mixed to match the interior) but have not painted it yet. I believe this design will work just great. The bracket design is now on my drawing board with small corrections to be made, then I'll make a template, test the fit, then transfer the dimensions onto .0963 thick aluminum plate to be cut out, bent then bolted in. (after the final adjustments to it, I'm painting it black)

I hope to have pictures of this within the month or next month. I'm slow with this because I have too damn many other stuff that needs to be taken care of first...every man's delima.:( It's been taking my time away from working on my GN.

The Lesabre console assembly cost me $12 from the boneyard. It was hard to get out with four small bolts holding it in from the rear, bottom, had to be accessed from the rear seat of the car and very carefully to avoid breaking anything...it can be done, as I did it. I want this armrest assembly to work real bad...I'm like you, nowhere to put my right arm while driving. Or my wife's left arm while she rides with me. And nowhere to rest my water or coffee mug.

Since the GN is still on jackstands, and the interior finally all put back in, it's time to get on with this assembly. Unfortunately, I have to make another long trip out of town tomorrow. :mad: Another delay.

One of the members here on the board has the exact same armrest in his TurboBuick, only he velcroed it to the console lid. I got the idea from his photo , looked just like it came with the GN, but I wanted to further this design with a working, foldable out of the way armrest like it was designed to do and avoid lifting it off the console everytime I needed to get to the lid of the console.

Coincidentially, my wife's '99 Buick Lesabre Limited has the very same console, I was just so blind to the idea until the board member here showed his picutre of his idea for his car.

Will update you later on this if I ever finish all the stacked up "important" stuff ahead of me.

Bruce '87 Grand National

GNBrett, how am I doing with the paragraphs you pointed out I should be doing?