ANYONE'S CAR IMPOUNDED for street racing??

guilty as charged

so im at a light in my 72 skylark, 455 .030 over, forged trw's 10.5-1, kenne bell (hemi killer) cam, original edelbrock b4b ( i believe from the stage cars)800 cfm quadrajunk, ta shorty headers, 3 inch duals with cutouts, msd buillet dist$$$$, built th400 with 2800 stall, 3.31 posi. my friend is in his 95 trans am in the far lane and there is a 67 or 68 chevy truck in the middle. he looks over at me and kinda smirks, shakes his head no, and taps the throttle. i just look at him and say (on green). green comes and we are off,ill admit the truck held is own for a while, but i got him by like 4-5 lenghts and the ta was right with him. my friend and i slowed back down and he took off. then the berries came on.
do you know why i pulled you over son?
no officer, why?
you were racing that trans am!
no sir, i was racing the truck! :D !
(he didnt like that)
anyway i got a ticket for drag racing on a public highway, which in az carries a 400 fine, 8pts against your license, (suspended after 9pts)
and a madatory traffic survival school class, but no impound

It's the night after I bought my GN. I get home from work and a friend calls me to see what's up. I let him know I just bought the car and what it has in it (Stage I block,forgred long rod bottom end, big valved, ported, polished heads & intake, solid roller, PT70, fmic, and the usual supporting upgrades) :cool: . So needless to say he's over in a matter of seconds :rolleyes: and we're off to get gas. After gasing up I head for the freeway. As sone as I straighten out going up the on-ramp I hammer it. I hit the end of the on-ramp with the speedo pegged and stay in it for a good mile (now my guess is I was going in the 120mph range :D ). I slow back down to find a cop coming up fast on my tale. I calmly signal and change lanes. He does the same. Now I'm starting to FREAK :eek: . Lights come on and we get off the freeway. As the cop walks up, first words out my mouth to my friend are, "Take the car home, put it in the car port and leave the keys on the counter.", thinking I was going to jail. First thing out of the cop's mouth was, "You know there's a place at Grand & Happy Valley to go as fast as you want." :mad: , refering to the drag strip. I reply, "Yes sir." ( I replied that way to all of his Q's). He said he knew I going faster than 100mph when I got on the freeway, But could only clock me for doing 85mph. Before he walks away with my info, he asks how much boost I'm running :confused: . I tell him 15lbs. Well he's only gone for like 2 mins (seems like 20 with me being all freaked out), comes back, gives me my info back and tells me to slow down :eek: and then takes off like a bat out of hell. Well I've been a "relitively good boy" since then.

Craig